Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: print selected lines
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting print selected lines Post 302139553 by tonet on Monday 8th of October 2007 04:55:49 AM
Old 10-08-2007
Hi:
Thanks for your reply. I usually use the sh shell. Smilie
tonet

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

print selected rows with awk

Hi everybody: Could anybody tell me how I can print from a file a selected rows with awk. In my case I only want print in another file all the rows from NR=8 to NR=2459 and the increment each 8 times. I tried to this: awk '{for (i=8; i=2459; i+=8); NR==i}' file1 > file2 But doesn't... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonet
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print out a selected word.

Hi can anyone assist me on my problem. I try to grep 1 word in 1 line data. Example like below. * Data below located in a.txt, i just wanna grep just processing-time = "12" total-octets = "20080718214210Z" total-pages = "" octets-completed = "20080721064351Z" pages-completed = "2"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: anakiar
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print selected pages

I have a large file and want to print out, but I don't want to print all, just some pages. Like if the file has 100 pages, I just want to print out page 3-34 and 67-87. How can I do? By the way, I already try "lp -o page-ranges=value" command which doesn't work on my computer because -o <option>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wendyz
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to print only selected char in a string..?

Hi, I want to print particular chars in a string. for example ie., consider " dear,. roopa$#09%~`';']" as the example string. Here, I want to print only alphanumeric chars.. suppose , if i want only alphanumeric... value would be "dear roopa09" suppose , if i want some spl char(,) with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balan_mca
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to print selected fields of selected lines by AWK

I am trying to print 1st, 2nd, 13th and 14th fields of a file of line numbers from 29 to 10029. I dont know how to put this in one code. Currently I am removing the selected lines by awk 'NR==29,NR==10029' File1 > File2 and then doing awk '{print $1, $2, $13, $14}' File2 > File3 Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananyob
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

print lines AFTER lines cointaining a regexp (or print every first and fourth line)

Hi all, This should be very easy but I can't figure it out... I have a file that looks like this: @SRR057408.1 FW8Y5CK02R652T length=34 AGCAGTGGTATCAACGCAGAGTAAGCAGTGGTAT +SRR057408.1 FW8Y5CK02R652T length=34 FIIHFF6666?=:88@@@BBD:::?@ABBAAA>8 @SRR057408.2 FW8Y5CK02TBMHV length=52... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmkocot
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print selected lines from file in order

I need to extract selected lines from a log file, I can use grep to pull one line matching 'x' or matching 'y', how can I run through the log printing both matching lines in order top to bottom. i.e line 1 xyz - not needed line 2 User01 - needed line 3 123 - not needed line 4 Info - needed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosslm
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

only print a selected row

this works: cat file.txt| awk 'NR==45,NR==55' but how do I assign variables instead of numbers: this does not work: cat file.txt | awk 'NR==$start,NR==$end' there need variables instead of numbers Sorry for my English Thank you for answer (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gizmo16
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print selected fields

HI, I am using below command to display the words, but i am getting awk error. Please help me out on this I am using below code i am getting error as If i use below code i am getting below OP Output from where i am trying to select the fields after delimiter "," from here i want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: darling
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find key pattern and print selected lines for each record

Hi, I need help on a complicated file that I am working on. I wanted to extract important info from a very huge file. It is space delimited file. I have hundred thousands of records in this file. An example content of the inputfile as below:- ## ID Ser402 Old; 23... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
2 Replies
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)					   XCB Requests 				       xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)

NAME
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma - SYNOPSIS
#include <xcb/randr.h> Request function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_crtc_t crtc); Reply datastructure typedef struct xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t { uint8_t response_type; uint8_t pad0; uint16_t sequence; uint32_t length; uint16_t size; uint8_t pad1[22]; } xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t; Reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t cookie, xcb_generic_error_t **e); Reply accessors uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); REQUEST ARGUMENTS
conn The XCB connection to X11. crtc TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. REPLY FIELDS
response_type The type of this reply, in this case XCB_RANDR_GET_CRTC_GAMMA. This field is also present in the xcb_generic_reply_t and can be used to tell replies apart from each other. sequence The sequence number of the last request processed by the X11 server. length The length of the reply, in words (a word is 4 bytes). size TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. DESCRIPTION
RETURN VALUE
Returns an xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t. Errors have to be handled when calling the reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply. If you want to handle errors in the event loop instead, use xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_unchecked. See xcb-requests(3) for details. ERRORS
This request does never generate any errors. SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
Generated from randr.xml. Contact xcb@lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements. XCB
2014-06-10 xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)