Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Different MOV syntaxes after debugging Post 302139480 by porter on Sunday 7th of October 2007 03:18:41 PM
Old 10-07-2007
It is down to convention.

In Motorola 68000/PDP assembler syntax the target is on the right.

In Intel/Zilog assembler the target is on the left.

GNU uses a "portable assembler" which use the first convention.

Out of interest, does assembler counts as a "high level language"?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding Debugging

Hi, If we want to debug a shell script, then set -vx has to be included in the begining of the script. Just i want to know what purpose -vx is used. Thanks in advace Sarwan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarwan
2 Replies

2. Solaris

debugging problem

OS : SOLARIS 10 debug tool :$gdb -v GNU gdb 6.6 compiler : $gcc -v gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release) When i tried to debug my application i got the following error. $gdb Pal GNU gdb 6.6 Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This GDB was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish@123
2 Replies

3. Solaris

debugging

when I tried to debug my application i got the following. gdb -v GNU gdb 6.6 file is in C and Xmotiff Languages (gdb) attach 25499 Attaching to process 25499 Retry #1: Retry #2: Retry #3: Retry #4: 0xfea40b68 in ?? () (gdb) where #0 0xfea40b68 in ?? () (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish@123
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell to seach all .mov files in a drive

I want a shell script which does: -> search all .mov files in a drive (say e: drive) which are above 800 mb of size -> Delete the searched .mov files which are above 800mb Thanks, Manoj (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.b
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fixer Debugging

hi all, would you please help me correcting and debugging this script: fx-permiss.sh which accepts a list of users as argument resiting those files permissions: say our directory structure: /home/erzal/file /home/erzal/dire /home/erzal/share /home/erzal/share/file /home/erzal/share/dire 1-... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erzal
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Fixer Debugging

School:Syrian Virtual University - Bachelor in Information Technology - Tutor: A.Issa - course: S10-iti320 hi all, would you please help me correcting and debugging this script: fx-permiss.sh which accepts a list of users as argument resiting those files permissions: say our directory... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: erzal
0 Replies

7. Programming

c++ debugging

hey i have a problem with a switch case in program and the debugger is messy has hell ( we use normal VI and gdb in our schoool to make it more diffiacult) any way i have a problom where for some unknown reason the debugger just skips a switch statment as if it wasent even there the rest... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotenxds
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Debugging functions

So here I have a simple function that I wish to debug. However, I am unable to debug the desired function even with set -o functrace enabled. Before resorting to asking this question, I had managed to find a possible solution that did not produce the desired results, which is located here. How... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrandonD
5 Replies
smfi_setdbg(3N) 														   smfi_setdbg(3N)

NAME
smfi_setdbg() - sets the debugging (tracing) level for the Milter library, for sendmail SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
level Specifies the debugging level. DESCRIPTION
The routine sets the internal debugging level of the Milter library for tracing purposes, for sendmail. A level of 0 (zero) turns off debugging. A detailed dubugging can be obtained with a higher (> 0) debugging level. The highest and most useful debugging level is 6. can be called from any routine at any point in a function. RETURN VALUE
By default, the routine returns AUTHOR
The routine was developed by the Sendmail Inc. SEE ALSO
smfi_main(3N), smfi_register(3N), smfi_setconn(3N), smfi_settimeout(3N), smfi_opensocket(3N), smfi_setbacklog(3N), smfi_stop(3N). on smfi_setdbg(3N)