Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cannot change my display to high resolution Post 302139442 by sanlen on Saturday 6th of October 2007 10:08:55 PM
Old 10-06-2007
thanks you very much for your reply.

the original screen resolution is 1280x768

VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller

Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller

thanks you in advance for any further advise you may give me.

Best Regards,

SANLEN

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to change display resolution

Hi, I would like to know how to change the display resolution in solaris on sparc. Can anyone please help me. Regards, Raja (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
3 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Graphic display resolution

Hello all, I need to fix some resolution in an AIX, how can I do it? It cannot be altered at system reboot, in the other words, I'm setting an display resolution, but when I do a reboot this configuration will be losted. I need somethig like this: Set a configuration and it cannot be changed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nando_zambone
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change display resolution in UnixV4.0D

I would like to know how to change the display resolution in UnixV4.0D. Can anyone please help me. Regards, Avgust (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avgust
1 Replies

4. Debian

Change resolution problem

Hi gurus I have notebook with connected external monitor. output of my xrandr looks like Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 2960 x 1050, maximum 2960 x 1050 VGA connected 1680x1050+1280+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 478mm x 300mm 1680x1050 60.0*+ 1280x1024 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
2 Replies

5. Solaris

OpenWindows display resolution problem

Hi all! On my SPARC mashine I have changed the screen resolution from default to: output-device screen r1024x768x75, because the OBP picture too big (e.g. Sun Logo and OBP text). Now, after the system booting I have the problem with OpenWindows picture (e.g. the window manager does not display... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
2 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Correcting the display resolution

I have an issue with the display resolution under Xfce. The monitor can handle 1024x768, but the screen display is 800x600. The control panel does not allow me to change this. I also found the file .config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/displays.xml in which I have made changes, but after a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

7. AIX

Change AIX display resolution ?

Hello, Running X on AIX local display - want to change resolution. On Linux for example I used xrandr. ? thanks Vilius (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

8. Debian

Xorg resolution/display size problem

Hello, I am running Debian 6.0 on a Sun Ultra 5 and the openbox window manager. The window is way larger than the screen and minimized icons go off the screen and I can't get them back. The mode is set to 1280x1024 in the Screen section of xorg.conf and Virtual is also set to 1280x1024 which is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
4 Replies