Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: no space : What this means?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers no space : What this means? Post 302139352 by redlotus72 on Friday 5th of October 2007 01:39:59 PM
Old 10-05-2007
no space : What this means?

movePSOrders.sh[35]: no space

for file in $(find $INPUTDIR -type f -mtime +2) ; do
#echo $file
if test -f $file; then
mv $file $OUTPURDIR
fi
done

Same code is working in other env,
I don't know why I am getting

movePSOrders.sh[35]: no space

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What does ##* means

Hi In one of the thread I have found echo ${SHELL##*/} Can any of u pls let me know, what is the interpretation for ##* over here? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeheyaansari
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what it means?

I have a command called cd $HDRROOT/release/tools/cfg My query is what it means? tHat is.... $HDRROOT part is not clear. If I put this command it says path not found.... I doubt that $HDRROOT is trying to mean smething I am not clear of. PL help......... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rraajjiibb
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

$? means?

Hi All, Can you please explain wats the meaning of this $? in unix Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathur
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

$$ means?

hey, what's $$varname in a script? I used to see $varname only. search on google didn't help. thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patiobarbecue
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can you tell me what this means?

Can you please tell me what this means? use grep to find from the file myfile.txt all lines containing the sequence tt but not more 2 ts? I have no idea. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rushhour
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What means %U

I can not find out what the %U means in the following command: ooffice -calc %U (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borobudur
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

What does . means?

Hi, I have seen in some ksh script, that we are executing shell scripts inside other shell script as . variable.sh What is . here? Their is space between . and variabloe. And why we are not executing it like ./variable.sh? I know that . signifies current directory , but what its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jatanig
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

$? and $# means

what exactly $? and $# means ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

9. Programming

What does it means?

#define abc '\xE8' (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamlesh33
7 Replies
echo(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  echo(1B)

NAME
echo - echo arguments to standard output SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/echo [-n] [argument] DESCRIPTION
echo writes its arguments, separated by BLANKs and terminated by a NEWLINE, to the standard output. echo is useful for producing diagnostics in command files and for sending known data into a pipe, and for displaying the contents of envi- ronment variables. For example, you can use echo to determine how many subdirectories below the root directory (/) is your current directory, as follows: o echo your current-working-directory's full pathname o pipe the output through tr to translate the path's embedded slash-characters into space-characters o pipe that output through wc -w for a count of the names in your path. example% /usr/bin/echo "echo $PWD | tr '/' ' ' | wc -w" See tr(1) and wc(1) for their functionality. The shells csh(1), ksh(1), and sh(1), each have an echo built-in command, which, by default, will have precedence, and will be invoked if the user calls echo without a full pathname. /usr/ucb/echo and csh's echo() have an -n option, but do not understand back-slashed escape characters. sh's echo(), ksh's echo(), and /usr/bin/echo, on the other hand, understand the black-slashed escape characters, and ksh's echo() also understands a as the audible bell character; however, these commands do not have an -n option. OPTIONS
-n Do not add the NEWLINE to the output. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), echo(1), ksh(1), sh(1), tr(1), wc(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The -n option is a transition aid for BSD applications, and may not be supported in future releases. SunOS 5.10 3 Aug 1994 echo(1B)