Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Window Manager of the ... Choice Post 302139278 by vino on Friday 5th of October 2007 05:51:52 AM
Old 10-05-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermaden
my fault, unfortunely there is no way to edit a poll ...
Done. Added 4dwm, twm, mwm, dtwm.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Java Desktop Icon - which window manager?

I have a Java app that is deployed on several Unix systems. Until recently, starting it from the command line was no problem. A recent requirement is to deliver a desktop icon that will launch the app. I have launched apps with icons before, but that was when I knew exactly which window... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: herbmiller
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Slimmest Window Manager

Hi Which is the absolutely slimmest window manager Window Manager? THX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Window manager on Fedora

Hi eveybody, I want to install fedora on my personal laptop, but I dont want to use any graphical desktop environment, this way i will force myself to learn more. I want to install wm2 which i used to work with it on debian a couple of yeras ago, so is there any instruction that how I can do this?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: messi777
3 Replies

4. Fedora

Window Manager

Hi guys, I want to get back to my old days and re-obtain my unix skills, I remember I installed a window manager wmii / wmii2 /mwm on my debian and started to learn unix/linux and now after some years not touching it and having to deal with gnome on redhat (because of my work) I feel like very... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: messi777
6 Replies
DtWsmSetCurrentWorkspace(library call)									    DtWsmSetCurrentWorkspace(library call)

NAME
DtWsmSetCurrentWorkspace -- set the current workspace SYNOPSIS
#include <Dt/Wsm.h> int DtWsmSetCurrentWorkspace( Widget widget, Atom aWorkspace); DESCRIPTION
The DtWsmSetCurrentWorkspace function works with the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), and sets the current workspace. Applications can use this function to switch from the current workspace to another workspace. The widget argument is a realized widget on the screen of interest. The aWorkspace argument is the name (in X atom form) of the workspace to be made current. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, the DtWsmSetCurrentWorkspace function returns Success; otherwise, it returns a value not equal to Success. APPLICATION USAGE
If the DtWsmSetCurrentWorkspace function is not successful, the most likely reason for failure is that the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), is not running. The DtWsmSetCurrentWorkspace function requires a widget. A gadget is not acceptable for the widget argument. DtWsmSetCurrentWorkspace sends a message to the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), to switch workspaces. If the workspace name is not valid, no action is taken and the workspace manager reports no error. SEE ALSO
Dt/Wsm.h - DtWsm(5), dtwm(1), DtWsmGetCurrentWorkspace(3). DtWsmSetCurrentWorkspace(library call)