Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Deleting Junks at the end of each line in a file Post 302139249 by ghostdog74 on Friday 5th of October 2007 02:51:49 AM
Old 10-05-2007
try this
Code:
awk 'BEGIN{OFS=FS=","}{$NF=$NF+0}1' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Deleting UNIX End of Line Chachracter \000

Hi, I have this file which has some octal NULL characters (\000). I need to replace these characters with an ASCII NULL. I've tried using Perl, the UNIX tr command.. History of this I received a COBOL generated file, ran the od command to convert to a xxx byte per record file. Now,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uchachra
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting end line spaces for along file

How can i clear all space characteres for a long file at the end of each line? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: osymad
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Deleting end of line $ character in file

Hi, I've got a file where in the middle of the record is a $ end of line character, visible only when I open the file in vi and do :set list. How to I get rid of the character in the middle and keep it at the end. The middle $ character always appears after SW, so that can be used to tag it.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bwrynz1
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleting word from this point to end of file in VI

Hi All i need to delete a recurring word from point "n" till end of the file. there are other words in this file so i cannot use `dG`, can anyone help me out? Kind regards Brian (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brian112
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting the lines at the end of the file.

I have a text file with two coulmn first column is just used in to show the line number, these line number are not there in the real file. I want to delete the line 16(in this file) here, even tough there is no data inside it . this empty line is causing me a problem by throwing me garbage... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting blank lines ONLY at the end of the file

Hi Guys, I have a quetion which was already discussed in the forum, but for some reason all approches suggested fail for me. I have a file which have blank lines at the body of the text as well as at the end. I need to delete ONLY blank lines at the end. Unfortunatly the approach below does not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting the part of the file(overwrite) using start and end point

here is the contents of bigfile.sql CREATE TABLE `Table11` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL , `entityName` enum('Lines','EndUsers') COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL, `parentAllianceMigrationProjectId` varchar(255) NOT NULL ) ENGINE=InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT=2000 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
30 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding tab/new line at the end of each line of a file

Hello Everyone, I need a help from experts of this community regarding one of the issue that I am facing with shell scripting. My requirement is to append char's at the end of each line of a file. The char that will be appended is variable and will be passed through command line. The... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sourav Das
20 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

With script bash, read file line per line starting at the end

Hello, I'm works on Ubuntu server My goal : I would like to read file line per line, but i want to started at the end of file. Currently, I use instructions : while read line; do COMMAND done < /var/log/apache2/access.log But, the first line, i don't want this. The file is long... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fuziion
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing string from last field of the nth line of file to start (or end) of each line (awk I think)

My file (the output of an experiment) starts off looking like this, _____________________________________________________________ Subjects incorporated to date: 001 Data file started on machine PKSHS260-05CP ********************************************************************** Subject 1,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: samonl
9 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)