Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: find my tree of processes
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users find my tree of processes Post 302139140 by yamsin789 on Thursday 4th of October 2007 11:11:53 AM
Old 10-04-2007
thanks...
but as I said in my post - I am already familiar with PSTREE and it is too graphaical, hard to parse, and not generic for all OS.

thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to find number of processes ?

Hi , I need to count all processes contains the pattren "FND" For Example: I was reteriving the details of all processes related to "FND" by this command $ ps -ef | grep FND but now I just wanna count them . Regards Adel (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArabOracle.com
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to find the total size of a dirctory tree in Solaris

Hi, I want to find the total size of some directory trees in my solaris 9 machine. Is there a command or utility I can use to do it. Please let me know if there is any way. Thanks Akheel (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find all processes that are running

Hi i've been googling a lot but can't find an answer. All I would like to know is how to find out all processes that are running on a machine. I know ps gives all YOUR processes. thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: speedieB
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Oldest file in a directory tree

This might just be one command. Any1 having the solution? Thanks, Rahul. (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
25 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find a tree structure in software modules

I have a list of software funtions in tcl code. Some of these functions call other functions. I want to build a tree structure of all called functions. Right now I list all the functions into a file then read this file so that I can cat each function and grep for EXECUTE (command that calls... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MissI
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Find processes using all the kernel?

Hey, Solaris 10, trying to track down which processes are using all the kernel. Top is showing much kernel (compared to user) cpu. But haven't had luck trying to find a command that shows specific (lets say top 10 current) processes using up the CPU via kernel. I'd really like just top with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnmike
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find files in directory tree by date

I'm using a directory naming convention to organize files as exemplified here: 2012/Aug/week-20-Aug/23-Thu/tuv.txt 2012/Aug/week-27-Aug/30-Thu/abc.txt 2012/Sep/week-27-Aug/01-Sat/def.txt 2012/Sep/week-03-Sep/07-Fri/xyz.txt How do I write a command that will list the file names abc.txt and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find directory listing from root to all files in tree format with details of perm/own/grp?

Hi, My apologies if my query is already available on this forum but I am new and could not find. I need a script to list all directories/sub directories and files with permissions/groups/owners. The script would run from home directory and should capture every directory. How do I do this? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 8709711
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to find files, those can be present anywhere in the directory tree,based on its creation date

Hi I am unable to find files, those are present anywhere in the same directory tree, based on the creation date. I need to find the files with their path, as I need to create them in another location and move them. I need some help with a script that may do the job. Please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam192837465
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Don't have tree, need advise to differentiate dir from file from this alternative that uses find

Hi, I don't have tree on the Solaris server and our SA don't want to install it. I found this example from One Line Linux Command to Print Out Directory Tree Listing | systemBash that more or less does what I am mainly looking for. Example run is as below: $: find ./ | sed -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies
RENICE(1)							   User Commands							 RENICE(1)

NAME
renice - alter priority of running processes SYNOPSIS
renice [-n] priority [-gpu] identifier... DESCRIPTION
renice alters the scheduling priority of one or more running processes. The first argument is the priority value to be used. The other arguments are interpreted as process IDs (by default), process group IDs, user IDs, or user names. renice'ing a process group causes all processes in the process group to have their scheduling priority altered. renice'ing a user causes all processes owned by the user to have their scheduling priority altered. OPTIONS
-n, --priority priority Specify the scheduling priority to be used for the process, process group, or user. Use of the option -n or --priority is optional, but when used it must be the first argument. -g, --pgrp pgid... Force the succeeding arguments to be interpreted as process group IDs. -u, --user name_or_uid... Force the succeeding arguments to be interpreted as usernames or UIDs. -p, --pid pid... Force the succeeding arguments to be interpreted as process IDs (the default). -h, --help Display a help text. -V, --version Display version information. EXAMPLES
The following command would change the priority of the processes with PIDs 987 and 32, plus all processes owned by the users daemon and root: renice +1 987 -u daemon root -p 32 NOTES
Users other than the super-user may only alter the priority of processes they own, and can only monotonically increase their ``nice value'' (for security reasons) within the range 0 to PRIO_MAX (20), unless a nice resource limit is set (Linux 2.6.12 and higher). The super-user may alter the priority of any process and set the priority to any value in the range PRIO_MIN (-20) to PRIO_MAX. Useful priorities are: 20 (the affected processes will run only when nothing else in the system wants to), 0 (the ``base'' scheduling priority), anything negative (to make things go very fast). FILES
/etc/passwd to map user names to user IDs SEE ALSO
getpriority(2), setpriority(2) BUGS
Non super-users can not increase scheduling priorities of their own processes, even if they were the ones that decreased the priorities in the first place. The Linux kernel (at least version 2.0.0) and linux libc (at least version 5.2.18) does not agree entirely on what the specifics of the systemcall interface to set nice values is. Thus causes renice to report bogus previous nice values. HISTORY
The renice command appeared in 4.0BSD. AVAILABILITY
The renice command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util- linux/>. util-linux September 2011 RENICE(1)