Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Program permission (to install etc) Post 302138904 by rdns on Wednesday 3rd of October 2007 06:46:59 PM
Old 10-03-2007
hurm... i thougt it is gcc permission
the user cant even query the gcc version
Quote:
$ gcc --version
gcc: Permission denied
$
and i noticed this in gcc folder
Quote:
-rwxr-x--- 2 root compiler 187176 Apr 20 20:54 /usr/bin/gcc
how do i enable gcc permisson for them?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to know what program is install on Unix server?

I would like to know how to check what program is install on the Unix system? like the add/remove inside the control panel can show what program installed. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zp523444
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

start a program with other user's permission

I have some of programs in unix system which are to started with one_user say "xxxx". I have sudo permission if i start these programs with sudo it shows root permission. But i want these programs permession should be "xxxx". I tried "su user_name -c Program_name" but it is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthus2002
3 Replies

3. Programming

how I know owner of file and its permission through c program

Helo I havea particular file. how I know ownerof the file as well as file permission using c program. Regards, Amit (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

permission to install software

Hello everyone, I want to install a software on an external hard disk. I used Fedora core 6 whose default shell is bash. As user I have changed to sh shell because in order to install I have to use the sh shell. I had changed permission on all the files using sh-3.1$ chmod +x... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sitij109
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to run program, Permission denied

Hi All, I am working on Solaris Sparc 9 and I developed application and in that I want to open any file when any action is happened but when I am trying to do the same.I am getting the error -- "Error launching /test.txt", "", "Process.execAndWait", "java.io.IOException: Cannot run... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Install gcc with 750 permission

Hi All, I need gcc with permission 750, while installation itself. or how can i change the permission without using chmod command. My requirement is User and Group only use the gcc. since i am having ldap users. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajamohan
1 Replies

7. AIX

Cannot compile/install gnu program on AIX

Hello, I'm trying to install ansifilter which is a program that translates ansi text to HTML. The idea is to install it on AIX 7.1 but is failing. All de appropriate gcc libraries and requirements for this software were installed successfully, but when I do the gmake I get the following... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bazajav
0 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Cannot compile/install gnu program

Hello, I'm trying to install ansifilter which is a program that translates ansi text to HTML. The idea is to install it on AIX 7.1 but is failing. All de appropriate gcc libraries and requirements for this software were installed successfully, but when I do the gmake I get the following... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bazajav
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running program from local install?

Dear forum, This is my first post here, nice to meet you all. My question might be a beginner one, also it might have been answered before (I searched but found nothing). I am a new Unix user. I am using a terminal to connect to Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.2.0-48-generic x86_64);... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: athina
10 Replies

10. Solaris

Install some Linux program on Solaris

Hi I have a problem with install some Linux program on Solaris. I use Ubuntu on everyday. At my university My professor wants from me to install some program from Linux on Solaris. I try with many files, but all not run. I can't deal with it. Do you know how install .deb files on Solaris? Hmm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tsuisou
3 Replies
TRAMPOLINE(3)						     Library Functions Manual						     TRAMPOLINE(3)

NAME
trampoline - closures as first-class C functions SYNOPSIS
#include <trampoline_r.h> function = alloc_trampoline_r(address, data0, data1); free_trampoline_r(function); is_trampoline_r(function) trampoline_r_address(function) trampoline_r_data0(function) trampoline_r_data1(function) DESCRIPTION
These functions implement closures as first-class C functions. A closure consists of a regular C function and a piece of data which gets passed to the C function when the closure is called. Closures as first-class C functions means that they fit into a function pointer and can be called exactly like any other C function. func- tion = alloc_trampoline_r(address, data0, data1) allocates a closure. When function gets called, it stores in a special "lexical chain reg- ister" a pointer to a storage area containing data0 in its first word and data1 in its second word and calls the C function at address. The function at address is responsible for fetching data0 and data1 off the pointer. Note that the "lexical chain register" is a call-used register, i.e. is clobbered by function calls. This is much like gcc's local functions, except that the GNU C local functions have dynamic extent (i.e. are deallocated when the creating function returns), while trampoline provides functions with indefinite extent: function is only deallocated when free_trampoline_r(func- tion) is called. is_trampoline_r(function) checks whether the C function function was produced by a call to alloc_trampoline_r. If this returns true, the arguments given to alloc_trampoline_r can be retrieved: trampoline_r_address(function) returns address, trampoline_r_data0(function) returns data0, trampoline_r_data1(function) returns data1. SEE ALSO
trampoline(3), gcc(1), varargs(3) PORTING
The way gcc builds local functions is described in the gcc source, file gcc-2.6.3/config/cpu/cpu.h. AUTHOR
Bruno Haible <bruno@clisp.org> ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Many ideas were cribbed from the gcc source. 22 October 1997 TRAMPOLINE(3)