Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ksh script - Design ? - Search file and set variables Post 302138859 by radoulov on Wednesday 3rd of October 2007 04:01:10 PM
Old 10-03-2007
Code:
IFS=':
'
set -- $(grep "$(date +%b%e)" fileX)
set -- $(egrep "$2|$3" fileY)
mailx -s "You\'re oncall today $(date +%D)" "$2 $4"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing a variables value from the called script to calling script using ksh

How do i get the value of the variable from the called script(script2) to the calling script(script1) in ksh ? I've given portion of the script here to explain the problem. Portion of Script 1 ============= ----- ----- tmp=`a.ksh p1 p2 p3` if then # error processing fi -----... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajarkumar
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script eval(?) to set variable

first of all, thanks to all on this board, it has been a huge resource to answer most of my questions! I am stuck on something that should really be simple, and was looking for some help.. I am using KSH on solaris and working on a script to move containers from server to server. Where i am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tksol
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to set variables in Linux script

Hi, I am pretty new in writing shell script on LINUX, I tried to write the script just like KSH on HP unix but it seems nothing is working. Even assigning variables seems to be not working as KSH on HP unix. Please help in resolving the issues I am facing on LINUX. I have declared variables for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: smr.ryl
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set variables from file, then loop

Hello, I am very, very new to shell scripting, but what I'm attempting to do is read in a list of user ID's to create on a database system from a CSV flat file, and for each entry run the "create user" script. I've gotten pretty far but I'm having trouble with the looping mechanism.... Any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkarren
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

set ksh script in restricted mode

Hi, I came across a post wherein you can use "set -r"(on bash) to activate restricted mode ( wherein you cant run some commands such as cd etc). Can anyone guide if we have anything similar in ksh ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shivdatta
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with shell script to search and replace a set of strings among the set of files

Hi, I am looking for a shell script which serves the below purpose. Please find below the algorithm for the same and any help on this would be highly appreciated. 1)set of strings need to be replaced among set of files(directory may contain different types of files) 2)It should search for... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amulya
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning multiple variables in ksh script

Is it possible to have a user input multiple words in one line and have the script assign each word a variable? I'm stuck please assist. Example using "BILL JOHN SARA JILL" as what the user could type: printf "Enter account names: " BILL JOHN SARA JILL read input (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
9 Replies

8. Programming

[LUA] Set variables according to if file exists

Heya I'm using Awesome WM with the Vicious widget library. As i'm using multi boot, Win8, Fedora and Arch, i have my WM-Config shared accross my GNU/Linux installations. The regarding snippet: -- Functions -- Its just a workaround for an 'unstable' 'hwmon/hwmon' definition of Fedora21 -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

<< Environmental Variables are not set when script completes >>

Hi Team, I have a wrapper script which i have pasted below, it internally calls one python script to generate Environmental in a file called /home/oracle/myenv.sh, when i execute this script via wrapper script, its not reflecting in my current session, still showing old env variables. any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
2 Replies
Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3)

NAME
Date::Manip::Migration5to6 - how to upgrade from 5.xx to 6.00 SYNOPSIS
When upgrading from Date::Manip 5.xx to 6.00, a few changes may be necessary to your scripts. The Date::Manip::Changes5to6 document lists in more detail the ways in which Date::Manip changed, but very few of these actually entail changes to your script. It should be noted that once the changes are made to your script, it will no longer run correctly in 5.xx. NECESSARY AND SUGGESTED CHANGES
The following changes are necessary, or strongly suggested: Reading config files with Date_Init If you use Date_Init to read any config files (if you do business mode calculations, you probably do), you should remove all of the following config variables from your call to Date_Init: GlobalCnf=FILE PersonalCnf=FILE PathSep=* IgnoreGlobalCnf=* PersonalCnfPath=* and replace them with: ConfigFile=FILE where FILE is now the full path to a config file. Also, the ConfigFile argument should be the first argument in Date_Init. Date_ConvTZ The Date_ConvTZ function has changed. It should now take 3 arguments: $date = Date_ConvTZ($date,$from,$to); If $from is not given, it defaults to the local time zone. If $to is not given, it defaults to the local time zone. The date is converted from the $from time zone into the $to time zone. Both should be any time zone (or alias) supported by Date::Manip. The old $errlevel argument is no longer handled. ConvTZ and TZ config variables If you use either the ConvTZ or TZ config variables, you should replace them with either SetDate or ForceDate. See the Date::Manip::Config document for information. Other deprecated config variables Most of the deprecated config variables continue to function (though they will be removed at a future date). These include: GlobalCnf IgnoreGlobalCnf PersonalCnf PersonalCnfPath PathSep TZ Internal The following variables have been removed. If you use any of them, you may need to modify your scripts: ConvTZ TodayIsMidnight DeltaSigns UpdateCurrTZ today, yesterday, tomorrow If you parse the strings "today", "yesterday", or "tomorrow" in order to get the time now, or 24 hours in the past/future, this will no longer work. These strings now refer strictly to the date (so "today" is the current day at midnight, "yesterday" is the previous day at midnight, etc.). To get the time now, 24 hours ago, or 24 hours in the future, you would need to parse the strings "now", "-24:00:00", or "+24:00:00" respectively. Do not use Memoize In 5.xx, it was documented that you could use the module Memoize to speed up Date::Manip, especially when sorting dates. This information is no longer accurate. Using Memoize in conjuction with Date::Manip should have little impact on performance, and may lead to incorrect results, especially if you change config variables. Please see the Date::Manip::Changes5to6 (GENERAL CHANGES) document for more information. If you find other instances where it is necessary to modify your script, please email me so that I can add that information to this document. BUGS AND QUESTIONS
Please refer to the Date::Manip::Problems documentation for information on submitting bug reports or questions to the author. SEE ALSO
Date::Manip - main module documentation LICENSE
This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR
Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org) perl v5.12.1 2010-01-12 Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3)