Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Weird crontab problem
Operating Systems Solaris Weird crontab problem Post 302138822 by Perderabo on Wednesday 3rd of October 2007 02:19:34 PM
Old 10-03-2007
When does it revert? Looking at the Solaris 10 source code, I notice this: Cross Reference: /onnv/onnv-gate/usr/src/cmd/sa/svc-sar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Weird Problem???

I have a problem I don't understand... I am trying to declare a variable, and then output the results of that variable, couldn't be simpler #!/bin/ksh VAR='Oranges' if then echo "Found Lemons" elif then echo "Found Oranges" fi The output shouold clearly be "Found Oranges", but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danhodges99
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

weird problem with removing files

I have a few files on my system named: -rw------- -rw-r----- -rw-rw--w- -rwxrw-r-x (Yes, it's really the name of the file, not the access permissions, they're 0 bytes large and all created at the same date/time). I've no idea how they got there but I don't seem to be able to delete them... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird date difference problem

I am trying to find the difference in days between 2 dates. I have to extract the 1st date from a filename, which i did using the awk command. I have to compare this date to today's date and if the difference is greater than 30 days, do something, else do something else. This is what i wrote... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: meeraKh
22 Replies

4. HP-UX

Weird Issue with crontab.

Hello all, Normally I'm pretty comfortable with crontab, changing and updating (done it many-a-time). But in the last two days I've been pulling my hair out over the following... Details of OS: HP-UX mdirect B.11.23 U ia64 2587410573 unlimited-user license Issue: Execute a script (very... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

weird script in crontab

Hello here's the first line's of the code that works perfect on command line but not as a crontab job ??? crontab: 15 * * * * /root/scripts/checkclamd_mem.shscript: #!/bin/bash # Checks Memory of the Clamav-daemon and it's .pid file # restarts if over the LIMIT. Starts if pid file not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nls mchn
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Really weird delete problem

Hi, I've Ubuntu 8.04, and it has some files that I just cannot delete. I've tried everything, inode, fsck etc. Here is what the ls -li outputs root@ubuntu:/home/luser/.local/share/Trash/files/junk# ls -l ls: cannot access TRUNK_: No such file or directory ls: cannot access 2006_output.mv:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin
11 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Weird dependency problem!

Hi, I want to install net-snmp-devel package but i have following dependecy problem. It's very odd, i don't get it. One of packages is depended on the other one, the other one is depended on the previous one as well. :S :S Could you help me please? Here are the steps: # ls -l total... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oduth
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk weird problem.

awk 'BEGIN{print 1.2.3.4}' 1.20.30.4 Can anyone explain why has extra "0" in the IP address? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newoz
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control characters -weird problem

I am using Korn shell on Linux 2.6x platform , and I am suing the following code to capture the lines which contain CONTROL CHARACTERS in my file : awk '/]/ {print NR}' EROLLMENT_INPUT.txt The problem is that this code shows the file has control characters when the file is in folder A ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarjt
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird awk problem

Hi, I have a simple awk script: BEGIN{} { $a=$2-$1; print $a } END{if(NR==0){ print "0" } } to which I provide the following input 2.9 14 22.2 27 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
4 Replies
whereis(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					       whereis(1B)

NAME
whereis - locate the binary, source, and manual page files for a command SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/whereis [-bmsu] [ -BMS directory... -f] filename... DESCRIPTION
The whereis utility locates source/binary and manuals sections for specified files. The supplied names are first stripped of leading path- name components and any (single) trailing extension of the form .ext, for example, .c. Prefixes of s. resulting from use of source code control are also dealt with. whereis then attempts to locate the desired program in a list of standard places: etc /sbin /usr/bin /usr/ccs/bin /usr/ccs/lib /usr/lang /usr/lbin /usr/lib /usr/sbin /usr/ucb /usr/ucblib /usr/ucbinclude /usr/games /usr/local /usr/local/bin /usr/new /usr/old /usr/hosts /usr/include /usr/etc OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -b Searches only for binaries. -B Changes or otherwise limits the places where whereis searches for binaries. -f Terminates the last directory list and signals the start of file names, and must be used when any of the -B, -M, or -S options are used. -m Searches only for manual sections. -M Changes or otherwise limits the places where whereis searches for manual sections. -s Searches only for sources. -S Changes or otherwise limit the places where whereis searches for sources. -u Searches for unusual entries. A file is said to be unusual if it does not have one entry of each requested type. Thus `whereis -m -u *' asks for those files in the current directory which have no documentation. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Finding files Find all files in /usr/bin which are not documented in /usr/share/man/man1 with source in /usr/src/cmd: example% cd /usr/ucb example% whereis -u -M /usr/share/man/man1 -S /usr/src/cmd -f * FILES
/usr/src/* /usr/{doc,man}/* /etc, /usr/{lib,bin,ucb,old,new,local} ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
chdir(2), attributes(5) BUGS
Since whereis uses chdir(2) to run faster, pathnames given with the -M, -S, or -B must be full; that is, they must begin with a `/'. SunOS 5.10 10 Jan 2000 whereis(1B)