Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to merge solaris partition Post 302138694 by mansoorulhaq on Wednesday 3rd of October 2007 04:43:34 AM
Old 10-03-2007
how can i rebuild /export/home filesystem to increase its size.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

re-partition disks on solaris

hi all, i was wondering if i have some volume manager and i want to format all partitions/disks and re-create new slices can i use regular format command or what? i think veritas volume manager is already installed. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashar
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 8 partition - compression

Hi, Anyone know if I have a mount point /data , can it turn on compression like what the MS Windows does ???? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: civic2005
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to access a solaris partition

Hi, I have the present scenario on a x86 machine. fdisk c0d0p0 Cylinders Partition Status Type Start End Length % 1 Active Solaris2 1 2500 2500 61 2 ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
14 Replies

4. Solaris

How to use FORMAT and PARTITION command on Solaris 9

I am seeking advice from experts in this forum. Please help me. I have tow disks on Sun Sparc box. Disk one has been installed Solaris 9 system. The disk two has been partitioned as one disk with 140 GB on the partition /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s6. Right now, I want to modify it as two partitions. I have... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
8 Replies

5. Solaris

How to get a mail when the partition reaches 75% in solaris

Hi Every one, I am new to Solaris and i want to know how to get a mail when the partition reaches certain Ex-75% percentage, and how to write shell script. I hope some one will help me. Thanks and Regards, Venkatesh. ##edit#by#moderator## don't post your email address here... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 1409.venkatesh
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem with Solaris Partition, I cant see it

Hi All, First post, I work as database developer (Oracle) My task is to setup a solaris system on a VMware installation which sits on a x86 server. I have installed the Os, applied patches (I think) and on VMWARE I added new hardware (Disk) which is where my database will be. The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: platforminc
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Disabling Solaris 10 active partition

I have a dual boot system with windows xp and solaris 10 running. Solaris 10 is currently in the primary active partision. If it's possible, how do I make the windows partision the primary active one rather than solaris 10? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shakarho
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem - rename the partition

Hi all i got this filesystem Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c0t600A0B80001F350A000033404A5D29D9d0s2 492G 64M 487G 1% /u10 How do i change the name for /dev/dsk/c0t600A0B80001F350A000033404A5D29D9d0s2 to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Partition overlaps another partition while creating new parition in solaris

hi all while formatting hard disk i am getting following error. Partition 1 ends at 266338338 It must be between 34 and 143374704. label error: EFI Labels do not support overlapping partitions Partition 8 overlaps partition 1. Warning: error writing EFI. Label failed. I have formatted the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Upgraded BIOS - cannot see Solaris partition??

I have recently upgraded my Supermicro X10SAT motherboard. I have also a SSD with a Windows10 partition and a Solaris 11.3 partition. Upon boot I press F11 and choose which partition I want to boot into. But after the bios upgrade, I cannot see the Solaris partition when I press "F11" to choose... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kebabbert
9 Replies
BTRFSCTL(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       BTRFSCTL(8)

NAME
btrfsctl - control a btrfs filesystem SYNOPSIS
btrfsctl [ -d file|directory ] [ -s snapshot-name directory ] [ -S subvolume-name directory ] [ -r [+-]size ] [ -A device ] [ -a ] [ -c ] DESCRIPTION
btrfsctl is used to control the filesystem and the files and directories stored. It is the tool to create a new snapshot for the filesys- tem. OPTIONS
-d file|directory Defragment a file or a directory. If the argument is a directory, the entire b-tree under the directory is defragged. -s snapshot-name directory Creates a new snapshot of the directory specified. -S subvolume-name directory Creates a new subvolume. -r [+|-]size Resizes the filesystem with the size specified. If the value is preceded with a signed symbol, the filesystem is resized with respect to the current filesystem size. size can be suffixed by k,m or g to represent kilobytes, megabytes, or gigabytes respec- tively. -A device Scans the device for btrfs filesystem. -a Scans all devices present in the system for btrfs filesystem. -c Forces a filesystem sync. AVAILABILITY
btrfsctl is part of btrfs-progs. Btrfs is currently under heavy development, and not suitable for any uses other than benchmarking and review. Please refer to the btrfs wiki http://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org for further details. SEE ALSO
mkfs.btrfs(8) BTRFSCTL(8)