Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX porting an application on 64-bit AIX version 5 Post 302138693 by porter on Wednesday 3rd of October 2007 04:39:27 AM
Old 10-03-2007
I thought gcc was "-m64"

Code:
GCC RS/6000 and PowerPC Options 

-mcpu=cpu-type -mtune=cpu-type -mpower -mno-power -mpower2 
-mno-power2 -mpowerpc -mpowerpc64 -mno-powerpc -maltivec 
-mno-altivec -mpowerpc-gpopt -mno-powerpc-gpopt -mpowerpc-gfxopt 
-mno-powerpc-gfxopt -mnew-mnemonics -mold-mnemonics -mfull-toc 
-mminimal-toc -mno-fp-in-toc -mno-sum-in-toc -m64 -m32 -mxl-call 
-mno-xl-call -mpe -msoft-float -mhard-float -mmultiple -mno-multiple 
-mstring -mno-string -mupdate -mno-update -mfused-madd -mno-fused-madd 
-mbit-align -mno-bit-align -mstrict-align -mno-strict-align -mrelocatable 
-mno-relocatable -mrelocatable-lib -mno-relocatable-lib -mtoc -mno-toc 
-mlittle -mlittle-endian -mbig -mbig-endian -mcall-aix -mcall-sysv 
-mcall-netbsd -maix-struct-return -msvr4-struct-return -mabi=altivec 
-mabi=no-altivec -mprototype -mno-prototype -msim -mmvme -mads 
-myellowknife -memb -msdata -msdata=opt -mvxworks -G num -pthread

xlc uses "-q64".

Try building...

Code:
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <limits.h>

#ifndef _LP64
#error not _LP64
#endif

also don't forget to look at the COFF object header to see what sort of object you have built.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Porting Win32 application into Linux

I need port Win32 console application, which was developed with MS Visual Studio 6.0 (without MFC using) into Linux. What is the best way to port project? Are there any standard tools or decisions? Thank you in advance, Sergey (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergeyy
0 Replies

2. Gentoo

compiling 32 bit application on 64 bit linux(x86_64)

hi all, i have a 64 bit linux machine. $uname -a Linux SVRDELLD30 2.6.9-42.ELsmp #1 SMP Tue Aug 15 10:35:26 BST 2006 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux here by default gcc creates 64 bit executable. but for some reason i want to create 32bit executable. first i want to create 32 bit object... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uttamhoode
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Porting C++ 32-bit code on 64-bit Solaris

Hi, I am trying to convert 32-bit code to 64-bit. I have defined function int main() { int* l; size_t len1; fun(len1); return 0; } void fun(int* ptr) { cout<<"\nsizeof(ptr)"<<sizeof(ptr); } However while compiling getting error as : Error: Formal argument ptr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_27
2 Replies

4. Linux

Is it possible to compile 64 bit application on 32 bit machine

Hi, I am using 32 bit machine, and I want to compile 64 bit application on 32-bit machine. So please tell me is it possible or not? Regards Mandar (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandar123
7 Replies

5. Red Hat

No Error for 64-bit porting

I am just trying to get the warning while compiling for 64-bit on Linux >> uname -a Linux mms4.es.cpth.ie 2.6.9-22.ELsmp #1 SMP Mon Sep 19 18:00:54 EDT 2005 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux =================================== Written test.c file which conatin : #include<stdio.h>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit_27
1 Replies

6. SuSE

64 bit Porting Problem !!!

Dear All, I am trying to build my code (currently functioning on 32bit) on 64 bit SUSE machine. I am getting following error: warning: initializer element is not computable at load time dau.gss.c:275: error: initializer element is not constant dau.gss.c:275: error: (near initialization for... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: skaushal.schip
10 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unable to install 32 bit application on 64 bit OS

Hi, I am new to Linux OS. My question is that "is it possible to install 32 Bit application on 64 Bit OS?" I have the following Redhat OS on VMware workstation. OS - Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.2 | 2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64 While installing the application I am getting the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: poga
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Porting graphical Solaris application to Linux

I don't expect any quick answers, but if people have links to resources I can investigate I'd be extremely appreciative. Here is what we have today: The "application" is a multi-process train control system that uses the Unix desktop, currently CDE, several motif-based applications and sound,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: paz9
8 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
libapache2-mod-perl2-2.0.7::docs::api::Apache2::porting(User Contributed Perl Documentlibapache2-mod-perl2-2.0.7::docs::api::Apache2::porting(3pm)

NAME
Apache2::porting -- a helper module for mod_perl 1.0 to mod_perl 2.0 porting Synopsis # either add at the very beginning of startup.pl use Apache2::porting; # or httpd.conf PerlModule Apache2::porting # now issue requests and look at the error_log file for hints Description "Apache2::porting" helps to port mod_perl 1.0 code to run under mod_perl 2.0. It doesn't provide any back-compatibility functionality, however it knows to trap methods calls that are no longer in the mod_perl 2.0 API and tell what should be used instead if at all. If you attempts to use mod_perl 2.0 methods without first loading the modules that contain them, it will tell you which modules you need to load. Finally if your code tries to load modules that no longer exist in mod_perl 2.0 it'll also tell you what are the modules that should be used instead. "Apache2::porting" communicates with users via the error_log file. Everytime it traps a problem, it logs the solution (if it finds one) to the error log file. If you use this module coupled with "Apache2::Reload" you will be able to port your applications quickly without needing to restart the server on every modification. It starts to work only when child process start and doesn't work for the code that gets loaded at the server startup. This limitation is explained in the Culprits section. It relies heavily on "ModPerl::MethodLookup". which can also be used manually to lookup things. Culprits "Apache2::porting" uses the "UNIVERSAL::AUTOLOAD" function to provide its functionality. However it seems to be impossible to create "UNIVERSAL::AUTOLOAD" at the server startup, Apache segfaults on restart. Therefore it performs the setting of "UNIVERSAL::AUTOLOAD" only during the child_init phase, when child processes start. As a result it can't help you with things that get preloaded at the server startup. If you know how to resolve this problem, please let us know. To reproduce the problem try to use an earlier phase, e.g. "PerlPostConfigHandler": Apache2::ServerUtil->server->push_handlers(PerlPostConfigHandler => &porting_autoload); META: Though there is a better solution at work, which assigns AUTOLOAD for each class separately, instead of using UNIVERSAL. See the discussion on the dev list (hint: search the archive for EazyLife) See Also mod_perl 2.0 documentation. Copyright mod_perl 2.0 and its core modules are copyrighted under The Apache Software License, Version 2.0. Authors The mod_perl development team and numerous contributors. perl v5.14.2 2011-02-08 libapache2-mod-perl2-2.0.7::docs::api::Apache2::porting(3pm)