Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl questions - more
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl questions - more Post 302138630 by frustrated1 on Tuesday 2nd of October 2007 06:00:30 PM
Old 10-02-2007
Perl questions - more

More questions for Perl on Windows (again I apologize its on windows... )

1. How can I check free disk space on a drive in windows using perl command in a script?

2. How can I check processes running using perl command (as I would normally be able to see in task manager for example)

3. I need to check to see if particular files exist in a directory within the last 1 hour or last 2 hours... How can I do this in perl?

Again - I dont have a lot of experience in perl so any specific examples you can give me would be much appreciated Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash and Perl interaction questions

hi. i´m working in bash and am trying to create a Perl daemon that controls bash´s behavior. this is actually in preparation for a later project i´ll be working on. basically, i´m looking for a way to have the Perl daemon tell bash what to do. i already have a small daemon that simply prints... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deryk
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: answering automatically to install questions

Hi everybody, I have been looking for an answer to this issue both on google and on the forum, but I couldn't find anything. please help me :eek: As part of an automated (in perl) install of Solaris 9, I would like to be able to answer automaticaly to the question the installer asks.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaap
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

chess perl program questions

Hello guys, While going over the book, I ran into this chess program and I have few questions 1) on line 40), why is not $chessboard-> ) ??? 40 unless (defined $chessboard->) { 2) 20 foreach my $i (reverse (0..7)) { #Row 1 #!/usr/bin/perl -w 2 # 3 # 4 5 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hankooknara
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl questions

New to perl and a few questions - usually used to shell scripting but have to write a script to check a few things on windows server and need help.. 1. Check for file missing in sequence.. ie. list of file in directory as follows: file0001.txt file0002.txt file0004.txt file0005.txt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to answer the Questions in Perl .

I need to write a script to telnet or ssh a device the execute some commands in device then copy the output in a file, I wrote the script but I faced one issue, when you execute some commands the device asked me a Question, for example : device # copy run tftp device # Source filename ? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarkSoul
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl newbie questions!

Hi, So I started to learn perl a few days ago, and I have some problems... One of my problems... #!C:\Perl64\bin\perl.exe -w use LWP::Simple; print "Content-Type: Text/Plain\n\n"; sub pagelinks { return @all = get($_) =~ /href\s*=\s*"?(+)/gis; } @a =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: byte1918
5 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Debug Stepping Answering Questions

I am new to perl and want to get a little better understanding of debugging code in perl. I have a perl script that has questions to be answered like: he following PERL modules are recommended: Crypt::DES Crypt::PasswdMD5 IO::Pty Net::Write::Layer2 String::CRC32 Attempt to install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies

9. Programming

PERL: In a perl-scripttTrying to execute another perl-script that SETS SOME VARIABLES !

I have reviewed many examples on-line about running another process (either PERL or shell command or a program), but do not find any usefull for my needs way. (Reviewed and not useful the system(), 'back ticks', exec() and open()) I would like to run another PERL-script from first one, not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies
Feature(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						Feature(3)

NAME
Gimp::Feature - check for specific features to be present before registering the script. SYNOPSIS
use Gimp::Feature; or use Gimp::Feature qw(feature1 feature2 ...); DESCRIPTION
This module can be used to check for specific features to be present. This can be used to deny running the script when neccessary features are not present. While some features can be checked for at any time, the Gimp::Fu module offers a nicer way to check for them. "gtk" checks for the presence of the gtk interface module. "gtk-1.1", "gtk-1.2" checks for the presence of gtk-1.1 (1.2) or higher. "perl-5.005" checks for perl version 5.005 or higher. "pdl" checks for the presence of a suitable version of PDL (>=1.9906). "gnome" checks for the presence of the Gnome-Perl module. "gtkxmhtl" checks for the presence of the Gtk::XmHTML module. "unix" checks wether the script runs on a unix-like operating system. At the moment, this is every system except windows, macos, os2 and vms. "persistency" checks wether the "Gimp::Data" module (Gimp::Data) can handle complex persistent data structures, i.e. perl references in addition to plain strings. The following features can only be checked after "Gimp-"main> has been called (usually found in the form "exit main"). See Gimp::Fu on how to check for these. "gimp-1.1", "gimp-1.2" checks for the presense of gimp in at least version 1.1 (1.2). FUNCTIONS present(feature) Checks for the presense of the single feature given as the argument. Returns true if the feature is present, false otherwise. need(feature,[function-name]) Require a specific feature. If the required feature is not present the program will exit gracefully, logging an appropriate message. You can optionally supply a function name to further specify the place where this feature was missing. This is the function used when importing symbols from the module. missing(feature-description,[function-name]) Indicates that a generic feature (described by the first argument) is missing. A function name can further be specified. This function will log the given message and exit gracefully. describe(feature) Returns a string describing the given feature in more detail, or undef if there is no description for this feature. list() Returns a list of features that can be checked for. This list might not be complete. AUTHOR
Marc Lehmann <pcg@goof.com> SEE ALSO
perl(1), Gimp(1). perl v5.8.0 1999-11-22 Feature(3)