Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need some help with this...
Top Forums Programming Need some help with this... Post 302138596 by Legend986 on Tuesday 2nd of October 2007 02:04:19 PM
Old 10-02-2007
I am seeing a type of display I mean if the path is long, unix is substituting a '~'. How would I do that here? For example, if I find a command in a path, how would I substitute a tilde in the output?

BRCTL(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  BRCTL(1)

NAME
brctl -- Manage the CloudDocs daemon SYNOPSIS
brctl <command> [command-options and arguments] DESCRIPTION
brctl understands the following commands: diagnose [options] [<diagnosis-output-path>] diagnose and collect logs -M,--collect-mobile-documents[=<container>] (default: all containers) -s,--sysdiagnose Do not collect what's already part of sysdiagnose -n,--name=<name> Change the device name [<diagnosis-output-path>] Specifies the output path of the diagnosis; -n becomes useless. download <path> download a local copy of the document at this path evict <path> evict the local copy of the document at this path log [options] [<command>] -c,--color[={yes,no}] turn on or off color use -d,--path=<logs-dir> use <logs-dir> instead of default -H,--home=<home-dir> use this as the ~ prefix, to look for ~/L/ -f,--filter=<predicate> only show lines matching predicate -m,--multiline[={yes,no}] turn on or off multiple line logging -n=<number> number of initial lines to display -p,--page use paging -w,--wait wait for new logs continuously (syslog -w) -t,--shorten Shorten UUIDs, paths, etc -s,--digest Only print digest logs dump [options] [<container>] dump the CloudDocs database -o,--output=<file-path> redirect output to <file-path> -d,--database-path=<db-path> Use the database at <db-path> [<container>] the container to be dumped monitor [options] <container> use NSMetadataQuery to monitor the container -S,--scope=<scope> restrict the NSMDQ scope to DOCS, DATA, or BOTH versions [options] <path> [ALL|etags...] list the non-local versions of the document at this path. -a,--all List all non-local versions including those that are locally cached SEE ALSO
bird(8) Mac OS May 31, 2019 Mac OS