Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX porting an application on 64-bit AIX version 5 Post 302138468 by dukessd on Monday 1st of October 2007 08:15:43 PM
Old 10-01-2007
You may as well have asked:
"I'm having some problems with AIX, can you tell me why?"

What is the environment, AIX level and application?
What compiler are you using, vendor and level?
Did it work in 32bit?
Did it work on AIX or are you porting from some other OS?
What is the problem?
What command are you using?
What is the error or problem you see?

Do you see you asked a rather vague question?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Porting Win32 application into Linux

I need port Win32 console application, which was developed with MS Visual Studio 6.0 (without MFC using) into Linux. What is the best way to port project? Are there any standard tools or decisions? Thank you in advance, Sergey (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergeyy
0 Replies

2. Gentoo

compiling 32 bit application on 64 bit linux(x86_64)

hi all, i have a 64 bit linux machine. $uname -a Linux SVRDELLD30 2.6.9-42.ELsmp #1 SMP Tue Aug 15 10:35:26 BST 2006 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux here by default gcc creates 64 bit executable. but for some reason i want to create 32bit executable. first i want to create 32 bit object... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uttamhoode
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Porting C++ 32-bit code on 64-bit Solaris

Hi, I am trying to convert 32-bit code to 64-bit. I have defined function int main() { int* l; size_t len1; fun(len1); return 0; } void fun(int* ptr) { cout<<"\nsizeof(ptr)"<<sizeof(ptr); } However while compiling getting error as : Error: Formal argument ptr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_27
2 Replies

4. Linux

Is it possible to compile 64 bit application on 32 bit machine

Hi, I am using 32 bit machine, and I want to compile 64 bit application on 32-bit machine. So please tell me is it possible or not? Regards Mandar (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandar123
7 Replies

5. Red Hat

No Error for 64-bit porting

I am just trying to get the warning while compiling for 64-bit on Linux >> uname -a Linux mms4.es.cpth.ie 2.6.9-22.ELsmp #1 SMP Mon Sep 19 18:00:54 EDT 2005 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux =================================== Written test.c file which conatin : #include<stdio.h>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit_27
1 Replies

6. SuSE

64 bit Porting Problem !!!

Dear All, I am trying to build my code (currently functioning on 32bit) on 64 bit SUSE machine. I am getting following error: warning: initializer element is not computable at load time dau.gss.c:275: error: initializer element is not constant dau.gss.c:275: error: (near initialization for... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: skaushal.schip
10 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unable to install 32 bit application on 64 bit OS

Hi, I am new to Linux OS. My question is that "is it possible to install 32 Bit application on 64 Bit OS?" I have the following Redhat OS on VMware workstation. OS - Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.2 | 2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64 While installing the application I am getting the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: poga
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Porting graphical Solaris application to Linux

I don't expect any quick answers, but if people have links to resources I can investigate I'd be extremely appreciative. Here is what we have today: The "application" is a multi-process train control system that uses the Unix desktop, currently CDE, several motif-based applications and sound,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: paz9
8 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
ARITHMETIC(6)							 BSD Games Manual						     ARITHMETIC(6)

NAME
arithmetic -- quiz on simple arithmetic SYNOPSIS
arithmetic [-o +-x/] [-r range] DESCRIPTION
arithmetic asks you to solve problems in simple arithmetic. Each question must be answered correctly before going on to the next. After every 20 problems, it prints the score so far and the time taken. You can quit at any time by typing the interrupt or end-of-file character. The options are as follows: -o By default, arithmetic asks questions on addition of numbers from 0 to 10, and corresponding subtraction. By supplying one or more of the characters +-x/, you can ask for problems in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, respectively. If you give one of these characters more than once, that kind of problem will be asked correspondingly more often. -r If a range is supplied, arithmetic selects the numbers in its problems in the following way. For addition and multiplication, the numbers to be added or multiplied are between 0 and range, inclusive. For subtraction and division, both the required result and the number to divide by or subtract will be between 0 and range. (Of course, arithmetic will not ask you to divide by 0.) The default range is 10. When you get a problem wrong, arithmetic will remember the numbers involved, and will tend to select those numbers more often than others, in problems of the same sort. Eventually it will forgive and forget. arithmetic cannot be persuaded to tell you the right answer. You must work it out for yourself. DIAGNOSTICS
``What?'' if you get a question wrong. ``Right!'' if you get it right. ``Please type a number.'' if arithmetic doesn't understand what you typed. SEE ALSO
bc(1), dc(1) BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD