Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: substring
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting substring Post 302138344 by vino on Monday 1st of October 2007 07:27:46 AM
Old 10-01-2007
Perhaps this

Code:
sed -n -e "s/.*Total number of lines: \([0-9][0-9]*\)/\1/p" input.file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

substring

Hi, I have a value of a filepath in a variable DATAFILE with value as "customtop/gpsore37/gepspo/1.0/bin/ashoka.csv ". Now i want the value of last 4 charcters in to another variable. That is EXTENSION = .csv How can i do this in Shell scripting Thanks in advance Alla Kishore (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alla.kishore
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I Substring ??

Hello everyone. I'm writing a script in UNIX. The purpose is to get the second character from a variable that stores the system year. This is the code: unix_year_yy=`date "+%g"` This will return "07" in variable unix_year_yy. How can I get the second character (7)?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rigger
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

substring ??

I execute command on this file and it gives o/p like this. COMMAND $ fuser -f /clocal/sanjay/AccessMonitor /clocal/sanjay/AccessMonitor: 1368322c To truncate 'c', i used tr -dc "\n" but then it does't give 1368322 as O/P. Any help ?? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring HELP!

Hi, I am trying to do something which I thought was very simple but still being a beginner, has proved not to be. Input: val1 val2 val3 val4 val5 val6 . . . etc Desired Output: Every row in which value of val6 is a number starting with 0.0 or contains a capital E. The input... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: awknerd
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with substring

I need to check the occurrence of one string within another. code ******************** if ;then do something done ******************** Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: w020637
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Substring

Hi I use the below cmd to get the list of files that are modified than <temp> file in the <path> diretory cmd:find <path> -name '*.zip' -type f -newer <temp> -print i am getting all the list of files that are new or modified, with abs path, i want to copy all of these files to a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naveen_5960
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

substring

I have a string '<Hi>abc</Hi>" How to print "abc" (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting Substring

Hi, I hav a string lets say aa.txt:bb:txt length of the string can vary.. I have to keep the token inside a array and the delimiter is : plz send me the code (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deekay.p
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the substring

Hi All, I have a ouput string likes 'u8wos' or 'u10acsd' or somthing else 'u{number}{any characters}'and I want to get the number behind the letter 'u' by bash shell. Thanks Damon (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Damon_Qu
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring

Hi All, In ksh, am trying to get a substring stuff done. Not sure where the problem is.. can you guys guide me on this... for instance, var1=41, and var2=4175894567, then i want to know whether var2 starts with var1.. var1 and var2 can be of any length.. VAR1=41 VAR2=419068567777... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nram_krishna@ya
6 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)