Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris SMF - Adding instances to existing manifest Post 302138337 by reborg on Monday 1st of October 2007 06:48:49 AM
Old 10-01-2007
Do not edit sun supplied manifests. They will be replaced by updated packages and/or patches.

Make a copy of the existing one with a different name for the file and service group etc. Then import it with
Code:
svccfg import <filename>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

adding existing disks to a 3510 array

I would like to extend a logical drive on our 3510. I have four unallocated disks which I would like to use for this purpose. The 3510 supports a Sun Cluster but for now all I wish to see is a "new" disk when I run format. I am a little familiar with the telnet/ssh session on the 3510 but am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcqv
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding header to an existing file

Dear All, I need to add a header of one line to an already existing file. I know that it can be achieved by the following: echo "Header" > newfile cat file1 >> newfile But my problem is that file is huge and there is no space for creating a new file every time. Is there a way that I can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
5 Replies

3. Solaris

SMF/Manifest in Zones

Hi.. I have an application installed in Zones and I would like to have the application started on every system reboot and stop at every shutdown. I created start/stop/restart script in /etc/init.d and placed S and K links in rc?d directories. This works fine. but I want to use SMF for this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
0 Replies

4. Linux

Adding space to existing mount

I am on Red Hat Linux 4.7. I am getting this error message: Preparing... ########################################### You have insufficient diskspace in the destination directory (/usr/lib) to install xxxxxxxxxxxxx. The installation requires at least 1.5 GB free on this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding file to an existing tar

Hi Friends, I want to know the command to add a new file in a existing tar file. For Ex: I have a tar file file1.tar with the contents one.txt two.txt three.txt Now I need to add file four.txt to this existing tar file, how can I do it? Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding new fields to an existing layout

Hi Everybody, I have an layout file like below f1 1 char 10, f2 11 char 2, f3 13 char 1, lineend 14 char 1 Their I need to add a new field which would be like f5 char 3, f6 char 2 The o/p should be f1 1 char 10, f2 11 char 2, f3 13 char 1, f5 14 char 3, f6 17 char 2 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding New Selections to the existing Script

Hi.... i have two scripts called: "type" & "selecttype". In "type" i have only the name of the products ex.: product1 & product2. Now, i have to ADD product3 which includes sub categories: productA, productB, productC, productD, productE, productF. so my New type script (menu) looks as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Netrock
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding existing set of records in the same file

I have a file with 50,000 records in it, i have a requirement to use the same 50,000 records and add them 4 times to the same file to make a total of 200,000 records. I was wondering how to do this using ksh. Any help is greatly appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpv0002
2 Replies

9. AIX

Adding existing VG to powerHA Resource group

Hello. I am Running AIX 6.1 and PowerHA 6.1 I have an active/active cluster (Prod/Dev) cluster. Each side will failover to the other. I have on my prod side an active volume group with a file system. The VG is imported on both nodes and active (varried on, file system mounted) on the prod... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a new column to an existing one

I have a data file that looks like this: 0.01 1 3822 4.97379915032e-14 4.96982253992e-09 0 0.01 3822 1 4.97379915032e-14 4.96982253992e-09 0 0.01 2 502 0.00993165137406 993.165137406 0 0.01 502 2 0.00993165137406 993.165137406 0 0.01 4 33 0.00189645523539 189.645523539 0 0.01 33 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayak
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)