Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Mounting USB NTFS External Disk R/W on OSX Post 302138261 by Neo on Sunday 30th of September 2007 08:26:28 PM
Old 09-30-2007
Hi Porter,

Yes, you are right.

I did some google'n and it seems that FAT32 is the way to go, since the OSX is supported. Now I recall the same results when I was bothered by this a few months ago, and came to a similar conclusion.

There is no easy way to convert from NTFS to FAT32, so I think I'll just have to format another drive as FAT32 and transfer all the files from the NTFS disk.

There are some "hacks" to mount NTFS R/W on the Mac, but when I download and installed I don't remember it working.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounting ntfs through network???

Hi all, I wonder if there is any possibility to mount NTFS or FAT32 from remote Windows* machine to, let's say, OpenBSD or RedHat??? Like Samba, but reverse. Thank you all. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solvman
6 Replies

2. Red Hat

Mounting NTFS filesystem

I'm currently running dual boot Linux & Windows. Linux is Fedora core 3. I've downloaded and installed the rmp that was needed so that I could mount a NTFS filesystem. But when I go to mount the filesystem I'm still getting error's stating it does not support the NTFS filesystem. Also the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofie
9 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

external USb hard disk reading problem

Hello, I am facing a hard disk drive reading problem since last one month and not able to resolve it. The thing is I purchased external USB hard disk (seagate 40 gb) 2 years back.And uptil now its working perfectly fine. But suddenly one day I am not able to read my data. The problem goes like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albertspade
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files unto a usb pendrive/external disk from Solaris 9

Hi all, Can anybody help me with how I can connect a usb pendrive or external disk to a Sun Server which runs on Solaris 9? I am able to connect the usb drive to a windows server easily and copy files but am wondering if it is possible to do that with Solaris. Any help will be appreciated. thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
3 Replies

5. SuSE

External USB disk cannot be mounted

Hi, I am running Suse on a fujitsu server. The problem is that it will no fully load the usb external disk. When plugged in, dmesg shows that indeed a usb disk has been plugged in ,but gives no devpath e.g sda,sdb. lsusb shows the disk vendor (western digital) but nothing else.Whats goin on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulemsee
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

mounting ntfs volume in RHEL5

Need a little help here. I am having trouble mounting an NTFS volume in RHEL5, here are the commands. root # mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/sda1 /media/my-volume FATAL: Module fuse not found. ntfs-3g-mount: fuse device is missing, try 'modprobe fuse' as root root # modprobe fuse FATAL: Module fuse... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: etcpasswd
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to automatically mount external usb hard disk

hi all, I have a debian lenny 5.0 server without GNOME installed. the server is at a customer's premise. I want to backup data from the server to the external usb hard disk. the backup will start at e.g 01:00 everyday. the user will plug the drive before going home. also the user will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolatt
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Mounting NTFS Drive through JBOD

Very green to the world of Linux/Unix computing, as I have recently been tasked with getting out internal network set up for incoming data sets we are receiving. Unfortunately our system is Linux/Unix mainly, and the drives that are coming in are SATA NTFS formatted. I'm wondering if there... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbrowne20
0 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

How to access a NTFS partition on hard drive through Terminal in OSX ?

Hi , I have a Mac OS X Lion mac book pro. I have a hard drive which I have partitioned in two (a) OSX Partition - Mac OS Extended Journaled format. Mount point: / (b) Data Partition - Windows NT Filesystem format. Mount point: /Volumes/Data I need to access the NTFS partition (I have a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: neil.k
6 Replies
XScreenSaver(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   XScreenSaver(1)

NAME
flurry SYNOPSIS
flurry [-display host:display.screen] [-visual visual] [-window] [-root] [-preset <arg>] [-fps] DESCRIPTION
This is a port of the OSX screensaver flurry. OPTIONS
-visual visual Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual. -window Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default. -root Draw on the root window. -preset <arg> Select a preset (classic, fire, water, psychedelic, rgb, binary, random, insane) (Insane will never be selected at random, because it requires lots of CPU/GPU power) -fps | -no-fps Whether to show a frames-per-second display at the bottom of the screen. ENVIRONMENT DISPLAY to get the default host and display number. XENVIRONMENT to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property. AUTHORS
OSX screensaver by Calum Robinson <calumr@mac.com> http://homepage.mac.com/calumr xscreensaver port by Tobias Sargeant <tobias.sargeant@bigpond.com> POSTCARDS
If you really like it, send me a postcard (after all, you're getting this for free!). Please check this address by downloading the latest version of Flurry just before you send me a postcard - I may have moved. Calum Robinson 133 Sydenham Avenue Belfast Northern Ireland BT4 2DQ SEE ALSO
X(1), xscreensaver(1) COPYRIGHT
X Version 11 XScreenSaver(1)