Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vxfs filesystem full!
Operating Systems HP-UX vxfs filesystem full! Post 302138226 by hungevntelecom on Sunday 30th of September 2007 02:03:02 PM
Old 09-30-2007
vxfs filesystem full!

Dear all,

What should I do with the following error message:

vxfs: mesg 001: vx_nospace - /dev/root file system full (1 block extent)

Thanks for your advises,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filesystem Full

I noticed that whenever something is printed from my workstation, the available disk space in the /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 decreases considerably. Hence, after using my workstation for sometime, I encounter an error message: "Filesystem Full" that prevents me from printing any further. Is there a way to... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilak1008
16 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/tmp filesystem full

I am running AIX 3 4. When I do a df I get: Filesystem 512-blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/hd4 32768 10232 69% 1309 16% / /dev/hd2 917504 86360 91% 19744 18% /usr /dev/hd9var 131072 67712 49% 617 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: szodiac
11 Replies

3. SCO

VxFS filesystem

Hello, Am basically working on VxFS filesystem and while tracking the file, I got stuck at one point. As I am able to locate the superblock(it is at offset 1024 from the start of partition). And from superblock I got the sector no. of "OLT extent". By jumping to the sector no where OLT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghimanshu
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filesystem full

my root filesystem is eventually full "/dev/rdsk/c1d0s0" as a result i cannot boot to the operating system, i booted into the fail safe mode to check the space using df -h command i discover that it is eventually full. Also to my amazement i found that i cannot see the filesystem which mounted on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
1 Replies

5. AIX

filesystem is full in AIX5.3

Hi, I am new to AIX 5.3.I want to work with it and when I check the space of AIX machine..its /usr is 99% full.So I am not able to add anything in that. filesystem is as below-- So can anyone tell me how can I resize it and increase the size of it. 2nd thing,when I am trying to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

/ filesystem getting full

Hi All, How do I increase the root filesystem? It's getting full. / 90% Here's the break down, below 232 dev 5624 tmp *6764 bin 16860 root *19680 sbin *20436 lib64 28329 boot *47992 etc 150012 var *254540 lib 651708 home *2445044 usr (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filesystem is full

Hello everybody, a very basic question. Inspite of me deleting huge files in a filesystem(AIX 5.3) in oracle folder, the filesystem when i check using df -k still shows 100% full. Does that mean there is a process still pointing to the files which i deleted. how do i work around this. Thanks!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
3 Replies

8. AIX

/var filesystem is full

Hi, Is there a way to clear the temp files from /var/tmp? Is root access required to delete the files? Thanks, Narayan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: narayanv
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Filesystem Full

In our shop we have to run a batch cycle. Every so often while we are running batch we get a filesystem full situation that causes batch to stop or slow down. Anyway, the practiced procedure is to look for large files and zip them. This takes a lot of time. We are in a sun solaris environment. What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
1 Replies

10. SCO

vxfs filesystem on unixware 7.1.4 corrupted

We use unixware 7.1.4 OS. We have the following problem: * we have a corrupted filesystem (filesystem type is vxfs) * we tried to clean it with this command: fsck -F vxfs -y /dev/rdsk/c0b0t0d0s5 * after this command the system display the following message: "UX:fsck:WARNING: the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: boubacar
10 Replies
MESG(1) 						     Linux Programmer's Manual							   MESG(1)

NAME
mesg - display (do not display) messages from other users SYNOPSIS
mesg [n|y] DESCRIPTION
The mesg utility is invoked by a users to control write access others have to the terminal device associated with the standard error out- put. If write access is allowed, then programs such as talk(1) and write(1) may display messages on the terminal. Traditionally, write access is allowed by default. However, as users become more conscious of various security risks, there is a trend to remove write access by default, at least for the primary login shell. To make sure your ttys are set the way you want them to be set, mesg should be executed in your login scripts. Options available: n Disallows messages. y Permits messages to be displayed. If no arguments are given, mesg displays the present message status to the standard error output. The mesg utility exits with one of the following values: 0 Messages are allowed. 1 Messages are not allowed. >1 An error has occurred. FILES
/dev/[pt]ty[pq]? SEE ALSO
biff(1), talk(1), write(1), wall(1), login(1), xterm(1) HISTORY
A mesg command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. AVAILABILITY
The mesg command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. Linux 1.2 10 March 1995 MESG(1)