Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Need help in BOOTP Server and Client configuration Post 302138140 by amirzandi on Saturday 29th of September 2007 10:27:15 AM
Old 09-29-2007
Need help in BOOTP Server and Client configuration

Dear All;

I need help in configuring the BOOTP server, I have found something on internet forums regarding the file: bootptab and editing some lines but Im not if they are all correct.

Also, I need help to configure my clients (UNIX) to boot up with this bootp server(UNIX).

I will be thankful if anyone can help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bootp/tftp

Hi, Setting up print queue, using SMIT on AIX And I have an option saying do I wish to make this a BOOTP/TFTP server. What exactly does this do? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick
3 Replies

2. Linux

BOOTP on HP Thin clients

Please m new around here! Can anyone take me thru implementing bootp on my thin clients via my central server? Preciate ur assistance. Thanks folks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuk_uka
2 Replies

3. AIX

Building a 43p using BOOTP

I have a 43p 120 (7248-120) which I am trying to install AIX 5.2 on. I have built a Nimol server on a Linux PC running SUSE LES 10. I have setup the 43p to perfom a network boot (BOOTP) and all the addresses in the network settings under SMS are set to 0.0.0.0. When I power up the 43p it... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
15 Replies

4. Programming

Client/Server Socket Application - Preventing Client from quitting on server crash

Problem - Linux Client/Server Socket Application: Preventing Client from quitting on server crash Hi, I am writing a Linux socket Server and Client using TCP protocol on Ubuntu 9.04 x64. I am having problem trying to implement a scenario where the client should keep running even when the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun.nagpaal
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 NIS client configuration

Hi, I have a Solaris 10 machine and trying to connect it to a Linux NIS Server. Up till now I have set up NIS so that it does find the NIS server and gets the user list. Automounter also mounts some directories from an NFS server. However, I can't get it to map the shadow passwords (they... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dop
4 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Office server => laptop =>client server ...a lengthy and laborious ftp procedure

Hi All, I need your expertise in finding a way to solve my problem.Please excuse if this is not the right forum to ask this question and guide me to the correct forum,if possible. I am a DBA and on a daily basis i have to ftp huge dump files from my company server to my laptop and then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
3 Replies

7. Solaris

ntp client configuration error

hi all ntp client side configuration file is done but in # ntpq -p remote refid st t when poll reach delay offset disp ============================================================================== ntpserver .INIT. 16 u - 64 0 0.00 0.000... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp script for dev server to client server

hi, i am new to unix, cuold u send some sftp acripts to send files to dev server to clint server, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Koti.annam
1 Replies

9. Solaris

LDAP server and client configuration in Solaris 10

How do i install ldap server and client in solaris server how to configure ldap server and client please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ainstin
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Yum client configuration error

Dear concern, I want to configure a yum client node. Yum configuration file (/etc/yum.repos.d/) is given below: # cat server.repo name=rhel6 baseurl=ftp://192.168.225.3/pub/Packages/ enabled=1 gpgcheck=0 We got following error message while executing yum list command. # yum clean... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: makauser
1 Replies
BOOTPTEST(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      BOOTPTEST(8)

NAME
bootptest - send BOOTP queries and print responses SYNOPSIS
bootptest [ -f bootfile ] [ -h ] [ -m magic_number ] server-name [template-file] DESCRIPTION
bootptest sends BOOTP requests to the host specified as server-name at one-second intervals until either a response is received, or until ten requests have gone unanswered. After a response is received, bootptest will wait one more second listening for additional responses. OPTIONS
-f bootfile Fill in the boot file field of the request with bootfile. -h Use the hardware (Ethernet) address to identify the client. By default, the IP address is copied into the request indicating that this client already knows its IP address. -m magic_number Initialize the first word of the vendor options field with magic_number. A template-file may be specified, in which case bootptest uses the (binary) contents of this file to initialize the options area of the request packet. CREDITS
The bootptest program is a combination of original and derived works. The main program module (bootptest.c) is original work by Gordon W. Ross gwr@mc.com. The packet printing module (print-bootp.c) is a slightly modified version of a file from the BSD tcpdump program. This program includes software developed by the University of California, Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory and its contributors. (See the copyright notice in print-bootp.c) SEE ALSO
bootpd(8) REFERENCES
RFC951 BOOTSTRAP PROTOCOL (BOOTP) RFC1048 BOOTP Vendor Information Extensions MAINTENANCE COMMANDS
10 June 1993 BOOTPTEST(8)