Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Converting \0 to a \n
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Converting \0 to a \n Post 302138063 by ajcannon on Friday 28th of September 2007 11:30:16 AM
Old 09-28-2007
Red Herring

Hi

please disregard the comment about the cursor heading off to the left margin - my terminal emulator is playing up.

cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

converting kb to mb

When I create filesystems in AIX i often get confused(using smit) When you specify size in aix, it is asked like this SIZE of file system (in 512-byte blocks) I never seem to grasp this, what is the equation to get say 500mb? Or is there a program anyone knows of that does this, like a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaunders
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

converting .txt

Hello, I transferred some .txt files from windows to Unix. When i used the editor in Unix to open up the file, all the <cr> show up. How to I get rid of all of them? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting to Uppercase

I want to convert string into uppercase string. How can i do that ? Ex: Enter the user name: read name show=upper(name) echo $show --- This output should be the uppercase output. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
3 Replies

4. SCO

Converting

I use Sco_Sv 3.2v5.0.5 with parellel conection using dump terminals and i want to convert them to desktop pc. Anybody knows what hardware and other thing that would be involved? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seeyou
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Coins

Hi all, I have never written a script so I guess you could say I am very yellow.:) However, I could use some help.... I need to write a Korn Shell Script that converts coins. Meaning if I print or echo "Please enter amount:" and the user puts in 3.87, I need to know the least amount of coins... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tzeman
11 Replies

6. SCO

library converting

Hi everybody Is there any sco unix command to convert .so library to .a (under sco unix openserver.5.0.6) tnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help converting ctlU (^U) to a \12...

I have a file that ends with a ctlU: > cat -v test.file blah,blah,blah,GEAEA*1*xx0000111xxx^UIEA*xxx0^U would like to replace the ctlU (^U) with a "\12"...due to printers or something. I believe I might be able to utilize the tr command, if I could only identify the correct... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Help converting my Script

So i have been asked to write a script for a friend who has a server running solaris 11. My problem is the correct syntax i can't seem to get it work with the follow code, i have read through the date man page and found no work around Below is the code for part of the rsync script. The code i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paperghost
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting empty value into NA

I have a set of values separated by a tab ch:12 1 3 4 ch:13 3 3 4 ch:25 1 8 ch:23 2 8 1 There is a missing value in the third column and i would like replace it with NA such that the final output would look like ch:12 1 3 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in converting

I have Excel file with the below three columns, i need your expertise in converting this to .csv file delimiter "|" Excel - Serial Number Serial Name Serial Brand 111 test sample 123 test2 sample1 134 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_hp
9 Replies
PS2PDF(1)							    Ghostscript 							 PS2PDF(1)

NAME
ps2pdf - Convert PostScript to PDF using ghostscript ps2pdf12 - Convert PostScript to PDF 1.2 (Acrobat 3-and-later compatible) using ghostscript ps2pdf13 - Convert PostScript to PDF 1.3 (Acrobat 4-and-later compatible) using ghostscript SYNOPSIS
ps2pdf [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] ps2pdf12 [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] ps2pdf13 [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] DESCRIPTION
The ps2pdf scripts are work-alikes for nearly all the functionality (but not the user interface) of Adobe's Acrobat(TM) Distiller(TM) prod- uct: they convert PostScript files to Portable Document Format (PDF) files. If the output filename is not specified, the output is placed is a file of the same name with a '.pdf' extension. Either the input filename or the output filename can be '-' to request reading from stdin or writing to stdout, respectively, when used as a filter. The three scripts differ as follows: - ps2pdf12 will always produce PDF 1.2 output (Acrobat 3-and-later compatible). - ps2pdf13 will always produce PDF 1.3 output (Acrobat 4-and-later compatible). - ps2pdf per se currently produces PDF 1.4 output. However, this may change in the future. If you care about the compatibility level of the output, use ps2pdf12 or ps2pdf13, or use the -dCompatibility=1.x switch in the command line. There are some limitations in ps2pdf's conversion. See the HTML documentation for more information. A large number of Adobe Distiller(TM) parameters which can be used to control the conversion are also documented there, including instructions for generating PDF/X and PDF/A documents. OPTIONS
The ps2pdf scripts use the same options as gs(1). EXAMPLES
Converting a figure.ps to figure.pdf: ps2pdf figure.ps A conversion with more specifics: ps2pdf -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress figure.ps proof.pdf Converting as part of a pipe: make_report.pl -t ps | ps2pdf -dCompatibility=1.3 - - | lpr SEE ALSO
gs(1), ps2pdfwr(1), Ps2pdf.htm in the Ghostscript documentation BUGS
See http://bugs.ghostscript.com/ and the Usenet news group comp.lang.postscript. VERSION
This document was last revised for Ghostscript version 8.70. AUTHOR
Artifex Software, Inc. are the primary maintainers of Ghostscript. This manpage by George Ferguson. 8.70 31 July 2009 PS2PDF(1)