Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Clarification on /etc/passwd file entry Post 302138015 by quintet on Friday 28th of September 2007 08:11:28 AM
Old 09-28-2007
Thanks Man... That really helped
Can you post the URL for AIX documentation?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating an entry for /etc/passwd

given an input file containing fields seperated by "," how do I retrieve information of these fields, do some work on them, then create a new input to the etc/passwd file? someone told me to look at the "sed" command but I still cant seem to get over this problem. I want to work on the data so... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sleepster
8 Replies

2. Programming

Whant to write an entry in /etc/passwd (putpwent)

Hi i try to use the function putpwent to write a simple entry in "/etc/passwd" putpwnet returns 0 as it works but notething writes to /etc/passwd. What have i missed? My os -------- root@nighter-laptop:/home/nighter/labb# uname -a Linux nighter-laptop 2.6.22-14-generic #1 SMP Sun Oct 14... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nighter
5 Replies

3. Linux

Cron ORPHAN (no passwd entry)

I am using the standard vixie-cron am seeing the following my logs : crond: (username) ORPHAN (no passwd entry) Ordinarily this is a simple matter, there is no corresponding user, but I am using central authentication and the username does exist and is usable via the standard nsswitch mechanism, so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: humbletech99
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

No entry in /etc/passwd

I could not find an entry for my linux user account in /etc/passwd file. I can remember some time back one of my SA showed the entry line using some other command. Can someone please help me on this to view the details of my linux user account? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
3 Replies

5. Solaris

passwd cmd reenables passwd aging in shadow entry

Hi Folks, I have Solaris 10, latest release. We have passwd aging set in /etc/defalut/passwd. I have an account that passwd should never expire. Acheived by emptying associated users shadow file entries for passwd aging. When I reset the users passwd using passwd command, it re enables... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

6. AIX

When did AIX start using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords?

Does anyone know when AIX started using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anne Neville
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Sudo entry required to set permission similar to ROOT without using password (PASSWD) change optio

Hi All I had installed sudo in HP UX 11.3 and it is working fine but not able to make entry required to set permission similar to ROOT without using password (PASSWD) change option for define user in /etc/sudoers file Please help if some know the syntex? :confused::wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deviltech
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Big problem: shell entry in /etc/passwd corrupted for user root

did a big mistake, changing root entry of /etc/passwd to root:x:0:0:root:/root:/usr/bin/tmux split-window -v \; attach as expected, now I can't login as root anymore. sudo ed /etc/passwd etc. doesn't work. Any idea? Use code tags to increase readability and follow the rules. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dodona
4 Replies
REPORTER-UPLOAD(1)						 LIBREPORT MANUAL						REPORTER-UPLOAD(1)

NAME
reporter-upload - Uploads compressed tarball of problem directory. SYNOPSIS
reporter-upload [-c CONFFILE]... [-d DIR] [-u URL] DESCRIPTION
The tool is used to create a compressed tarball of the problem directory and upload it to a URL. Supported protocols include FTP, FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS, SCP, SFTP, TFTP and FILE. Configuration file Configuration file contains entries in a format "Option = Value". The options are: URL The URL where tarball should be uploaded. Integration with ABRT events reporter-upload can be used as a reporter, to allow users to upload compressed tarballs of problem directories to a configured URL. This usage can be configured in /etc/libreport/report_event.conf: EVENT=report_Upload reporter-upload It can be also used on the post-create event to upload it automatically. EVENT=post-create reporter-upload OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -c CONFFILE Path to configuration file. When used in ABRT event system, the file contains site-wide configuration. Users can change the values via environment variables. -u URL The URL where tarball should be uploaded. URL should have form protocol://[user[:pass]@]host/dir/[file.tar.gz] where protocol can be http(s), ftp, scp, or file. File protocol can't have user and host parts: file.tar.gz[1]. If URL ends with a slash, the archive name will be generated and appended to URL; otherwise, URL will be used as full file name. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Environment variables take precedence over values provided in the configuration file. Upload_URL The URL where should be the tarball uploaded. AUTHORS
o ABRT team NOTES
1. file.tar.gz file:///dir/ LIBREPORT 2.1.11 06/18/2014 REPORTER-UPLOAD(1)