Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: user logged on any server
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications user logged on any server Post 302137983 by NIMISH AGARWAL on Friday 28th of September 2007 04:59:09 AM
Old 09-28-2007
clering question

thanks for rply
my question is :
i want to know which are the users which logged on the server
by who or finger i rcv only the vertual name
i want to know the actula name and the destination ip or any information abt the user

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is user logged on??

How can i check to see if a user is logged on to the network? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: provo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

user logged on?

Hi, What commands do i need to check if a user is logged on to the network? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: provo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Send email as a different user than the user logged in

Hi I am using mailx to send email and am wondering if there is a way I can send the email from a different user than the user logged in. something like do-not-reply@xyz.com Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can one know how much time user logged?

Hello, i know who command gives you the time when particular user logged in. And subtracting today's date and time from the one found in who we can get how much time user logged in. But this can get very much clumsy as we can't subtract date directly in unix . Is there any other way or command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: salman4u
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

How can i get My parent user name while i am on remotely logged on other server.

Hi please suggest .. how can i get my original user from which logged in to another server. my main current login is $whoami nitin ssh nit01@n01 i m going (redirected)to log in below path.. nit01@n01:/home/n01 -> pwd /home/n01 nit01@n01:/home/n01 -> on this server i want get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitindreamz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

User Logged In The Most - Bash

Hi, first time poster, newbie to Bash. I'm looking to get the username of the user who's been logged into a computer the most / longest. I am new to Bash but am familiar with other scripting languages, mainly PHP. So I have a general idea about how to go about the script logic, but don't know... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Panman82
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Does running a cron job of a user require the user to be logged in?

Suppose user 'asdf' is not logged into server 'bbbb', but the server is up. User 'asdf' has cron job. Will it be executed? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to confirm an user logged in is a remote user?

How do I confirm if a user logged in, is remote or local? In the case if the user is remote, how to be sure what authentication/method is it using, like LDAP, NIS or other? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirtikjr
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

current logged in user

Hey guys I need a script that reads a login name and verifies if that user is currently logged in i have found few commands like "who" and "users" but i wonder how can i verify it that login name is logged in or not? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishrestha
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last user logged in

hi! How can I find into: /var/log/messages.4 /var/log/messages.3 /var/log/messages.2 /var/log/messages.1 /var/log/messages The last user do a login? (for example user1) My idea is to search by the pattern "Accepted password for" buy I necessary search into all files first and in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guif
2 Replies
PAM_TTY_AUDIT(8)						 Linux-PAM Manual						  PAM_TTY_AUDIT(8)

NAME
pam_tty_audit - Enable or disable TTY auditing for specified users SYNOPSIS
pam_tty_audit.so [disable=patterns] [enable=patterns] DESCRIPTION
The pam_tty_audit PAM module is used to enable or disable TTY auditing. By default, the kernel does not audit input on any TTY. OPTIONS
disable=patterns For each user matching one of comma-separated glob patterns, disable TTY auditing. This overrides any previous enable option matching the same user name on the command line. enable=patterns For each user matching one of comma-separated glob patterns, enable TTY auditing. This overrides any previous disable option matching the same user name on the command line. open_only Set the TTY audit flag when opening the session, but do not restore it when closing the session. Using this option is necessary for some services that don't fork() to run the authenticated session, such as sudo. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the session type is supported. RETURN VALUES
PAM_SESSION_ERR Error reading or modifying the TTY audit flag. See the system log for more details. PAM_SUCCESS Success. NOTES
When TTY auditing is enabled, it is inherited by all processes started by that user. In particular, daemons restarted by an user will still have TTY auditing enabled, and audit TTY input even by other users unless auditing for these users is explicitly disabled. Therefore, it is recommended to use disable=* as the first option for most daemons using PAM. To view the data that was logged by the kernel to audit use the command aureport --tty. EXAMPLES
Audit all administrative actions. session required pam_tty_audit.so disable=* enable=root SEE ALSO
aureport(8), pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_tty_audit was written by Miloslav Trma <mitr@redhat.com>. Linux-PAM Manual 04/01/2010 PAM_TTY_AUDIT(8)