Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem in CPU usage
Top Forums Programming Problem in CPU usage Post 302137907 by netwalker on Thursday 27th of September 2007 12:33:10 PM
Old 09-27-2007
Maybe more threads are openning in the runtime?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Monitor CPU usage and Memory Usage

how can i monitor usages of CPU, Memory, Hard disk etc. under SUN Solaries through a c program or java program i want to store that data into database so i can show it graphically thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gajanad Bihani
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting CPU Usage

For analysis, I need to gather CPU usage from say 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM every 10 seconds on a given day. I heard this can be done with awk, but my UNIX is kind of rusty. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: WG1
4 Replies

3. Programming

CPU usage and memory usage

Please tell me solaris functions/api for getting following information 1- Function that tells how much memory used by current process 2- Function that tells how much memory used by all running processes 3- Function that tells how much CPU is used by current process 4- Function that tells how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

5. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

7. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

8. Programming

CPU usage

Hi all, I'm using python and psutil a library to get system informations like cpu usage (percent) for a given process. My question is if I have the value in % of the cpu usage how I could get the cpu usage in cycle number I mean not in percent? Thanks a lot D. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
5 Replies

9. AIX

Overall CPU Usage

Hi Guys, I am a newbie on the forum. This is my first post, so first of all I would like to introduce myself. I am a SAS Analyst programmer working for an Health Insurance client. SAS is installed on a 16 CPU AIX Server with partitions running with shared processor. I have couple of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhiim2003
2 Replies

10. AIX

Problem with nmon, actual CPU usage per process

Hi all, I am currently having trouble to get nmon to print me the actual CPU usage for an interval for a process. According to the manual, something like # time nmon -t -C cron -s 5 -c 2 -F outfile real 0m0.98s user 0m0.03s sys 0m0.04s should print out at least the process... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
15 Replies
PTHREAD_KILL_OTHER_THREADS_NP(3)			     Library Functions Manual				  PTHREAD_KILL_OTHER_THREADS_NP(3)

NAME
pthread_kill_other_threads_np - terminate all threads in program except calling thread SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> void pthread_kill_other_threads_np(void); DESCRIPTION
pthread_kill_other_threads_np is a non-portable LinuxThreads extension. It causes all threads in the program to terminate immediately, except the calling thread which proceeds normally. It is intended to be called just before a thread calls one of the exec functions, e.g. execve(2). Termination of the other threads is not performed through pthread_cancel(3) and completely bypasses the cancellation mechanism. Hence, the current settings for cancellation state and cancellation type are ignored, and the cleanup handlers are not executed in the terminated threads. AUTHOR
Xavier Leroy <Xavier.Leroy@inria.fr> SEE ALSO
execve(2), pthread_setcancelstate(3), pthread_setcanceltype(3), pthread_cancel(3). BUGS
According to POSIX 1003.1c, a successful exec* in one of the threads should terminate automatically all other threads in the program. This behavior is not yet implemented in LinuxThreads. Calling pthread_kill_other_threads_np before exec* achieves much of the same behavior, except that if exec* ultimately fails, then all other threads are already killed. LinuxThreads PTHREAD_KILL_OTHER_THREADS_NP(3)