Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Determining processes that have been swapped out Post 302137752 by reborg on Wednesday 26th of September 2007 05:31:20 PM
Old 09-26-2007
Actually that output indicates that nothing has been paged out at all.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitoring Processes - Killing hung processes

Is there a way to monitor certain processes and if they hang too long to kill them, but certain scripts which are expected to take a long time to let them go? Thank you Richard (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukndoit
4 Replies

2. Solaris

how to reduce swapped column in "vmstat"

Dear all, I found a big problem with my solaris9 server when user said their application run too slow then I try to check cpu, memory but both of them are normally. One thing that I see form value of vmstat like this kthr memory page disk faults ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Identifying and grouping OS processes and APP processes

Hi Is there an easy way to identify and group currently running processes into OS processes and APP processes. Not all applications are installed as packages. Any free tools or scripts to do this? Many thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonee
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Determining which processes hold a semaphore

I have a situation where I have created a semaphore and set it's value to 10. I am using this semaphore to control access to a shared memory location. I can have 10 processes simultaneously read from the shared memory location, process 11 would get locked out. My question is, is there a way I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpotter01
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

memory pages swapped out

My unix box always experience high memory pages swapped out. This box has 8GB physical memory and the utilisation is only around 40%. What should be done to lower the memory pages swapped out problem ? Thanks.:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: olive
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bc, negative values and "total" (whit swapped -)

Hi All, I need to sum numbers, in bash, input is this: 10.00 12.33 14.99 134.00 1211.09 130.01- <--- it is negative, but "-" is at the end.. 901.99 10.34- <--- another negative number... bc -l is giving me error so only solution to my problem would be to swap - to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: columb
3 Replies

7. Programming

determining the IP of a function

Is there a way to determine the "Instruction Pointer" of a function in c++, and if so can someone tell me? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: neur0n
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Submirrors swapped after metattach

We had few mirror disks e.g d0 had two submirrors Submirror 0: d2 Submirror 1: d1 I opened mirrors for some activity. by command metadetach d0 d2 After activity I reattach mirrors with command metattach d0 d2 But after that strangely sumirror position is swaped ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif_islam
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Verify Hard Drive was swapped

I recently had a vendor hot-swap a faulty hard drive on my system. The fault was determined before there were any noticeable errors with regular operation on the user end. The vendor claims to have replaced the faulty hard drive. Is there a way to verify that the hard drive has been replaced? I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaindotC
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Git diff exclude swapped lines

Hi, I am doing aws security group auditing every day to find the difference. I am using git to find the difference. But some times some security group rules order is changing up and down(swapping lines). So 'git diff' command gives this as a difference which i dont want(i need only new lines... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jobycxa
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)