Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting change filenames to Proper case Post 302137724 by prvnrk on Wednesday 26th of September 2007 01:07:02 PM
Old 09-26-2007
Hi Ghostdog,

I am getting abc.txt as it as but Abc.txt was expected.

#echo "abc.txt" | awk 'BEGIN{OFS=FS=""}{$1=toupper($1);print}'

abc.txt
#

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to make URLs/FileNames case insensitive in Linux Hosting environment

Hi, Currently my website is hosted on Linux-Apache environment. If I try to access a file on a website named "Read.txt" as http://xyz.com/READ.txt, I get an error message "Page Not Found". Only way to access is http://xyz.com/Read.txt. How do I make URLS (File Names and Folder Names)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naidu545
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change all filenames in a directory

I have a directory of files and each file has a random 5 digit string at the beginning that needs to be removed. Plus, there are some files that will be identically named after the 5 digit string is removed and I want those eliminated or moved. any ideas? (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: crumb
17 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

data array needs to change upper case to lower case

Hi all, i have a data array as followes. ARRAY=DFSG345GGG ARRAY=234FDFG090 ARRAY=VDFVGBGHH so on.......... i need all english letters to be change to lower case. So i am expecting to see ARRAY=dfsg345ggg ARRAY=234fdfg090 ARRAY=vdfvgbghh so on........ If i have to copy this data in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: usustarr
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filenames change in a directory

Hi I have abc_ahb_one.v abc_ahb_two.v abc_ahb_three.v ........l like this -----upto abc_ahb_ninety.v in some directory. I need to change those file names to like below. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praneethk
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Change Upper case to Lower case in C shell

Is there a command that can switch a character variable from UPPER case to lower case? like foreach AC ( ABC BCD PLL QIO) set ac `COMMAND($AC)` ... end Thanks a lot! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockytodd
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change all filenames under different folders...

Hi, all: I'd love to use shell script to change all filenames under different folders once for all: I've got over 100 folders, in each of them, there is a file named "a.ppm". I wanna change all these "a.ppm" to "b.ppm", and still . Visually, the directory structure looks like: and hope... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiapei100
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

change filenames but not extension

I have a filename with a bunch of periods that I want to replace with underscores, but I don't want to change the extension. Ex: I want file.test1.f-1.fig.eps to be file_test1_f-1_fig.eps Using awk, the following line will replace ALL periods with underscores, but I want to leave the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: erinbot
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change case preserving the same case

how can i do a case insensitive search/replace but keep the same case? e.g., i want to change a word like apple-pie to orange-cake but for the first word if the first letter of the keyword or the letter after the - is capitalised i want to preserve that e.g., if the before is: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change first letter of a word from lower case to upper case

Hi all, I am trying to find a way to change first letter in a word from lower case to upper case. It should be done for each first word in text or in paragraph, and also for each word after punctuation like . ; : ! ?I found the following command sed -i 's/\s*./\U&\E/g' $@ filenamebut... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: georgi58
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change filenames recursively

Hello, I made a mistake in a script and now need to go back and change allot of filenames. I need to change "v4" in filenames to "v3". I was thinking of something like this. #!/bin/bash FILELIST=$(ls -f -R *) for FILE in $FILELIST do # create new filename ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies
CURLOPT_WILDCARDMATCH(3)				     curl_easy_setopt options					  CURLOPT_WILDCARDMATCH(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_WILDCARDMATCH - enable directory wildcard transfers SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_WILDCARDMATCH, long onoff); DESCRIPTION
Set onoff to 1 if you want to transfer multiple files according to a file name pattern. The pattern can be specified as part of the CUR- LOPT_URL(3) option, using an fnmatch-like pattern (Shell Pattern Matching) in the last part of URL (file name). By default, libcurl uses its internal wildcard matching implementation. You can provide your own matching function by the CUR- LOPT_FNMATCH_FUNCTION(3) option. A brief introduction of its syntax follows: * - ASTERISK ftp://example.com/some/path/*.txt (for all txt's from the root directory) ? - QUESTION MARK Question mark matches any (exactly one) character. ftp://example.com/some/path/photo?.jpeg [ - BRACKET EXPRESSION The left bracket opens a bracket expression. The question mark and asterisk have no special meaning in a bracket expression. Each bracket expression ends by the right bracket and matches exactly one character. Some examples follow: [a-zA-Z0-9] or [f-gF-G] - character interval [abc] - character enumeration [^abc] or [!abc] - negation [[:name:]] class expression. Supported classes are alnum,lower, space, alpha, digit, print, upper, blank, graph, xdigit. [][-!^] - special case - matches only '-', ']', '[', '!' or '^'. These characters have no special purpose. [[]\] - escape syntax. Matches '[', ']' or ''. Using the rules above, a file name pattern can be constructed: ftp://example.com/some/path/[a-z[:upper:]\].jpeg PROTOCOLS
This feature is only supported for FTP download. EXAMPLE
See https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/ftp-wildcard.html AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.21.0 RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_FNMATCH_FUNCTION(3), CURLOPT_URL(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_WILDCARDMATCH(3)