Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: user logged on any server
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications user logged on any server Post 302137683 by sysgate on Wednesday 26th of September 2007 09:57:32 AM
Old 09-26-2007
Your question is unclear, do you need t ofind out all users currently logged on the server ? If yes, "who" command will give you this, you can also use "finger", it will report like :
Quote:
Login Name Tty Idle Login Time Where
root root pts/0 - Wed 03:25 10.10.1.1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is user logged on??

How can i check to see if a user is logged on to the network? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: provo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

user logged on?

Hi, What commands do i need to check if a user is logged on to the network? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: provo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Send email as a different user than the user logged in

Hi I am using mailx to send email and am wondering if there is a way I can send the email from a different user than the user logged in. something like do-not-reply@xyz.com Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can one know how much time user logged?

Hello, i know who command gives you the time when particular user logged in. And subtracting today's date and time from the one found in who we can get how much time user logged in. But this can get very much clumsy as we can't subtract date directly in unix . Is there any other way or command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: salman4u
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

How can i get My parent user name while i am on remotely logged on other server.

Hi please suggest .. how can i get my original user from which logged in to another server. my main current login is $whoami nitin ssh nit01@n01 i m going (redirected)to log in below path.. nit01@n01:/home/n01 -> pwd /home/n01 nit01@n01:/home/n01 -> on this server i want get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitindreamz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

User Logged In The Most - Bash

Hi, first time poster, newbie to Bash. I'm looking to get the username of the user who's been logged into a computer the most / longest. I am new to Bash but am familiar with other scripting languages, mainly PHP. So I have a general idea about how to go about the script logic, but don't know... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Panman82
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Does running a cron job of a user require the user to be logged in?

Suppose user 'asdf' is not logged into server 'bbbb', but the server is up. User 'asdf' has cron job. Will it be executed? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to confirm an user logged in is a remote user?

How do I confirm if a user logged in, is remote or local? In the case if the user is remote, how to be sure what authentication/method is it using, like LDAP, NIS or other? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirtikjr
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

current logged in user

Hey guys I need a script that reads a login name and verifies if that user is currently logged in i have found few commands like "who" and "users" but i wonder how can i verify it that login name is logged in or not? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishrestha
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last user logged in

hi! How can I find into: /var/log/messages.4 /var/log/messages.3 /var/log/messages.2 /var/log/messages.1 /var/log/messages The last user do a login? (for example user1) My idea is to search by the pattern "Accepted password for" buy I necessary search into all files first and in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guif
2 Replies
CatalystX::SimpleLogin::Controller::Login(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	    CatalystX::SimpleLogin::Controller::Login(3pm)

NAME
CatalystX::SimpleLogin::Controller::Login - Configurable login controller SYNOPSIS
# For simple useage exmple, see CatalystX::SimpleLogin, this is a # full config example __PACKAGE__->config( 'Controller::Login' => { traits => [ 'WithRedirect', # Optional, enables redirect-back feature '-RenderAsTTTemplate', # Optional, allows you to use your own template ], actions => { login => { # Also optional PathPart => ['theloginpage'], # Change login action to /theloginpage }, }, }, ); See CatalystX::SimpleLogin::Form::Login for configuring the form. DESCRIPTION
Controller base class which exists to have login roles composed onto it for the login and logout actions. ATTRIBUTES
login_form_class A class attribute containing the class of the form to be initialised. One can override it in a derived class with the class of a new form, possibly subclassing CatalystX::SimpleLogin::Form::Login. For example: package MyApp::Controller::Login; use Moose; extends('CatalystX::SimpleLogin::Controller::Login'); has '+login_form_class' => ( default => "MyApp::Form::Login", ); 1; login_form_class_roles An attribute containing an array reference of roles to be consumed by the form. One can override it in a similar way to "login_form_class": package MyApp::Controller::Login; use Moose; extends('CatalystX::SimpleLogin::Controller::Login'); has '+login_form_class_roles' => ( default => sub { [qw(MyApp::FormRole::Foo MyApp::FormRole::Bar)] }, ); 1; METHODS
BUILD Cause form instance to be built at application startup. do_post_login_redirect This method does a post-login redirect. TODO for BOBTFISH - should it even be public? If it does need to be public, then document it because the Pod coverage test failed. login Login action. login_redirect Redirect to the login action. login_GET Displays the login form login_POST Processes a submitted login form, and if correct, logs the user in and redirects not_required A stub action that is anchored at the root of the site ("/") and does not require registration (hence the name). redirect_after_login_uri If you are using WithRedirect (i.e. by default), then this methd is overridden to redirect the user back to the page they intially hit which required authentication. Note that even if the original URI was a post, then the redirect back will only be a GET. If you choose NOT to compose the WithRedirect trait, then you can set the uri users are redirected to with the "redirect_after_login_uri" config key, or by overriding the redirect_after_login_uri method in your own login controller if you need custom logic. render_login_form Renders the login form. By default it just calls the form's render method. If you want to do something different, like rendering the form with a template through your view, this is the place to hook into. required A stub action that is anchored at the root of the site ("/") and does require registration (hence the name). SEE ALSO
CatalystX::SimpleLogin::TraitFor::Controller::Login::WithRedirect CatalystX::SimpleLogin::Form::Login AUTHORS
See CatalystX::SimpleLogin for authors. LICENSE
See CatalystX::SimpleLogin for license. perl v5.14.2 2012-07-15 CatalystX::SimpleLogin::Controller::Login(3pm)