Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: new scripter
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting new scripter Post 302137674 by blowtorch on Wednesday 26th of September 2007 09:12:02 AM
Old 09-26-2007
Try this:
Code:
$PRODUCT=$1

CONFIG=./etc/${PRODUCT}_config.xml

print Using $CONFIG

The shell is interpreting PRODUCT_config as the variable name rather than PRODUCT, because _ is allowed to be part of variable name.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Begining Shell scripter

I am trying to write for my class project a shell script, using bourne shell, that will take one command, either -l or -w. If -l is entered then the script should output the names of all the files in my working directory sorted in increasing order of the number of lines in the file. If -w is input... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: C.Ronaldo-7-
2 Replies
suspend(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)