Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: change from address in mailx
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting change from address in mailx Post 302137637 by summer_cherry on Wednesday 26th of September 2007 04:26:14 AM
Old 09-26-2007
just sed

Input(a):
Code:
leodf.s.li@reuters.com
jdfde.yin@reuters.com

output:
Code:
reuters@reuters.com
reuters@reuters.com

code:
Code:
cat a | sed 's/^.*@/reuters@/'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx sender address customisation

Hi All, I'm on UNIX -Solaris... I'm trying to send mail usin Mailx..... The script is working fine and attachments are also being sent.... BUT, when I receive the mail,, the sender address shown is the unix login id name.... Any way by which I could manipulate this in my script command or any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasan_srini
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx- can we change the from address in the email that is sent out.

Hello, Is there anyway to change the from address in the email sent using mailx command? I have the following command: mailx -s $subject xxx@xxxx.com < $mail_mesg This defaults to the following format "acctname@usserver.companyname.com" as the from address in the email. Problem is this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using mailx to send in the future? Also change "from" address?

Hey, I've got a script using mailx to send an email to the user, but i'd like it if I could have it send the email sometime in the future, not right away. And by future, i mean like 1 minute in the future. And I don't want it to halt the script in anyway. Perhaps there's a way to have it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqman
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to verify email address using mailx command ?

Is there any way i can verify the email address (before sending the mail) using the mailx command ? I know that sendmail -bv email@address.com can do it but there is a compatibility issues with the version of Unix we have. So mailx is the only command we can used at this point. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rak007
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx -s not sending the file to mail address

Hi All, OS:Red Hat Linux 4 86x64 Below is my shell script which is not sending mail to the mail recipient: #!/bin/bash export MAILLIST="xyz@yahoo.com" cd <path_to_the_script_perf_report.sql> sqlplus / as sysdba @perf_report.sql if then cat <path_to_the_script/*MONTHLY*REPORT*.lst... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
6 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

mailx to external email address

Hi, How can I use "mailx" command to send message to an email address like this? echo "This email body" | mailx -s "my subject" "email@hostname.com" There may be some setup required in sendmail or postfix?? OS = Snow Leopard 10.6 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FlyingSquirrel
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

configure from address in mailx command

Hi, I need to configure customized from address in mailx command. Can you pls tell me the option for configuring from address. Thanks Latika (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: latika
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Customizing from address in mailx command

Currently I am using mailx command for sending mails. But the mail is sent as from userid@servername by default. Is it possible to customise the from mail address in mailx command? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx options to change from address

hi, I had a request to change the from email address while sending the email to the users. Current From email address : pepsimanufacturer@pepsi.com Requested From Email Adreess: manucturer@pepsi.com Any idea how the from addres can be changed. ---------- Post updated at 06:42 AM... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun888
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx command to include sender address

Hi, I m using mailx to send email. I am using sender=server name(display name) echo "body" | mailx -s "subject" -b "bcc address" "to address" -- -f "$sender". I should get email with sender as only display name. In stead i am getting displayname@server address. Please suggest Use code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: usrrenny
1 Replies
Locale::Language(3perl) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   Locale::Language(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Language - standard codes for language identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Language; $lang = code2language('en'); # $lang gets 'English' $code = language2code('French'); # $code gets 'fr' @codes = all_language_codes(); @names = all_language_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Language" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying languages, such as those as defined in ISO 639. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639 two- letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying languages. The ones currently supported are: alpha-2 This is the set of two-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639, such as 'he' for Hebrew. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANG_ALPHA_2". This is the default code set. alpha-3 This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) bibliographic codes from ISO 639, such as 'heb' for Hebrew. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANG_ALPHA_3". term This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) terminologic codes from ISO 639. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANG_TERM". ROUTINES
code2language ( CODE [,CODESET] ) language2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) language_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_language_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_language_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Language::rename_language ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::add_language ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::delete_language ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::add_language_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Language::delete_language_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Language::rename_language_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::add_language_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::delete_language_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/ Source of the ISO 639 codes. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Language(3perl)