Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cygwin shell not coming up
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cygwin shell not coming up Post 302137545 by er_ashu on Tuesday 25th of September 2007 03:37:09 PM
Old 09-25-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by hachik
do following:
start -> run -> cmd then press enter. command prompt will come up.
then drag the cygwin bash shell shortcut from start menu to command prompt window with your mouse, press enter, and find out what it tells you :-) defentely some error will come up. copy it to next reply, maybe someone 'll be able to answer
hey thanks for the info......
i did tht and got this error message:

C:\>'bash' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Please advise.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with scheduling a shell script on cygwin using cron

Hi, Before I start, I would like to inform that, I went through all FAQs and other threads before posting here. I 'm trying to schedule a shell script on cygwin using cron. No matter what I do I don't seem to get the cron job executing my bash script. My script is temp.sh echo `date` >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a shell with cygwin

Hi everybody, I would like to execute a shell in windows. So I installed Cygwin but I got this message : $ sh /neuf.sh start % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed 0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mytrax
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cygwin shell script error

Hi, I have a cywin test script as below but errors, #!/usr/bin/bash while do echo "123" echo "456" done sh-3.2$ ./test.sh ./test.sh: line 7: syntax error: unexpected end of file Please help... Thanks! Victor (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cygwin-shell script

hi, I am using Cygwin for running the shell script. If i execute the following command at the prompt output is obtained. grep echo * The same i have put in a file and when am trying to execute it is throwing error. IP.sh echo "Starting command..........." grep echo * ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: flamingo_l
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

opening new instance of cygwin from withing cygwin

I'm using cygwin on win7, What I would like to do is something like this: cygstart cygwin tail -f /foo/test.log | perl -pe 's/error/\e I know I can start a new instance using either of these: mintty -e ... cygstart tail ... But neither of those open in ANSI mode, so I can't do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Validatorian
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running shell script in Cygwin terminal

I am new to shell scripting. I tried to run a simple shell script using Cygwin terminal in Win XP env. The script I have written is as follows - #!/bin/bash a=5 ] && echo "true" || echo "false" But when I execute the script, getting some confusing error. The error I am getting are - ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux_learner
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

cygwin executable shell scripts

Hello, Cygwin will execute a shell script without turning on executable status on the file. I want to force cygwin to be more like linux and not execute scripts directly on the command line unless changing mode to have executable status. Is this possible? Thanks Larry (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larrye0123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cygwin shell script

I have a file with below format : 2013-05-20 hello has done 2013-05-20 hi 000abc abc 2013-05-21 thank you I want the out put to be like this : 2013-05-20 hello has done 2013-05-20 hi 000abc abc 2013-05-21 thank you What I could think of is something like this : cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sparta
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running q-shell commands( on IBM-i Series) from cygwin terminal (on windows)

I have cygwin installed on windows server and when I do echo $SHELL the output is /bin/bash I have created a ssh tunnel from this windows server through cygwin to ibm -i series which is running Q-shell. I am trying to invoke a utility wsadmin (used for scripting) on ibm-i from the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav99
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a shell script in UNIX server from Cygwin

Hi All, We have shell scripts in UNIX ( Sun OS ) server. Also in my windows machine i have Cygwin installed. Now is there a way to execute Shell script available in UNIX server from Cygwin? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
4 Replies
Inline-Support(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Inline-Support(3)

NAME
Inline-Support - Support Information for Inline.pm and related modules. DESCRIPTION
This document contains all of the latest support information for "Inline.pm" and the recognized Inline Language Support Modules (ILSMs) available on CPAN. SUPPORTED LANGUAGES
The most important language that Inline supports is "C". That is because Perl itself is written in "C". By giving a your Perl scripts access to "C", you in effect give them access to the entire glorious internals of Perl. (Caveat scriptor :-) As of this writing, Inline also supports: - C++ - Java - Python - Tcl - Assembly - CPR - And even Inline::Foo! :) Projects that I would most like to see happen in the year 2001 are: - Fortran - Ruby - Lisp - Guile - Bash - Perl4 SUPPORTED PLATFORMS
"Inline::C" should work anywhere that CPAN extension modules (those that use XS) can be installed, using the typical install format of: perl Makefile.PL make make test make install It has been tested on many Unix and Windows variants. NOTE: "Inline::C" requires Perl 5.005 or higher because "Parse::RecDescent" requires it. (Something to do with the "qr" operator) Inline has been successfully tested at one time or another on the following platforms: Linux Solaris SunOS HPUX AIX FreeBSD OpenBSD BeOS OS X WinNT Win2K WinME Win98 Cygwin The Microsoft tests deserve a little more explanation. I used the following: Windows NT 4.0 (service pack 6) Perl 5.005_03 (ActiveState build 522) MS Visual C++ 6.0 The "nmake" make utility (distributed w/ Visual C++) "Inline::C" pulls all of its base configuration (including which "make" utility to use) from "Config.pm". Since your MSWin32 version of Perl probably came from ActiveState (as a binary distribution) the "Config.pm" will indicate that "nmake" is the system's "make" utility. That is because ActiveState uses Visual C++ to compile Perl. To install "Inline.pm" (or any other CPAN module) on MSWin32 w/ Visual C++, use these: perl Makefile.PL nmake nmake test nmake install Inline has also been made to work with Mingw32/gcc on all Windows platforms. This is a free compiler for Windows. You must also use a perl built with that compiler. The "Cygwin" test was done on a Windows 98 machine using the Cygwin Unix/Win32 porting layer software from Cygnus. The "perl" binary on this machine was also compiled using the Cygwin tool set ("gcc"). This software is freely available from http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/ If you get Inline to work on a new platform, please send me email email. If it doesn't work, let me know as well and I'll see what can be done. SEE ALSO
For general information about Inline see Inline. For information about using Inline with C see Inline::C. For sample programs using Inline with C see Inline::C-Cookbook. For information on writing your own Inline Language Support Module, see Inline-API. Inline's mailing list is inline@perl.org To subscribe, send email to inline-subscribe@perl.org AUTHOR
Brian Ingerson <INGY@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2000-2002. Brian Ingerson. Copyright (c) 2008, 2010, 2011. Sisyphus. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.12.5 2011-01-29 Inline-Support(3)