Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File Parsing
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File Parsing Post 302137503 by jsusheel on Tuesday 25th of September 2007 10:25:47 AM
Old 09-25-2007
File Parsing

Hi,
Many thanks to Summer_cherry and vgresh99 for the responses.
Again these scripts consume lot of cpu utilization and takes longer
to complete. I have desided to run these scripts by midnight.
thanks a lot ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me with parsing this file

Hi, I need a shell script that would parse this file /usr/share/i18n/locales/aa_DJ:title "Afar language locale for Djibouti (Cadu/Laaqo Dialects)." /usr/share/i18n/locales/aa_ER:title "Afar language locale for Eritrea (Cadu/Laaqo Dialects)." /usr/share/i18n/locales/aa_ER@saaho:title... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding & Moving Oldest File by Parsing/Sorting Date Info in File Names

I'm trying to write a script that will look in an /exports folder for the oldest export file and move it to a /staging folder. "Oldest" in this case is actually determined by date information embedded in the file names themselves. Also, the script should only move a file from /exports to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikosey
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in Parsing a CSV file and generate a new output file

Hi Scripting Gurus, I am trying to parse a csv file and generate a new output file. The input file will be a variable length in turns of rows and columns. output file will have 8 columns. we have three columns from the header for each set. just to give little bit more clarification each row... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkr
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl parsing compared to Ksh parsing

#! /usr/local/bin/perl -w $ip = "$ARGV"; $rw = "$ARGV"; $snmpg = "/usr/local/bin/snmpbulkget -v2c -Cn1 -Cn2 -Os -c $rw"; $snmpw = "/usr/local/bin/snmpwalk -Os -c $rw"; $syst=`$snmpg $ip system sysName sysObjectID`; sysDescr.0 = STRING: Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popeye
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Parsing Help

Hello, I have a file which contains groups of fields. These groups are separated by a blank line, to form a logical record. Each line consists of a field-value pair. If want to find all records where field 'd' has a value of '4' and if it does, I want the value of field 'a' (from the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brawnr
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for parsing details in a log file to a seperate file

Hi Experts, Im a new bee for scripting, I would ned to do the following via linux shell scripting, I have an application which throws a log file, on each action of a particular work with the application, as sson as the action is done, the log file would vanish or stops updating there, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingnagan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing file, yaml file? Extracting specific sections

Here is a data file, which I believe is in YAML. I am trying to retrieve just the 'addon_domains" section, which doesnt seem to be as easy as I had originally thought. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!! I have been trying to do this in awk and mostly bash scripting instead of perl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rhije
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing data from a big file using keys from another smaller file

Hi, I have 2 files format of file 1 is: a1 b2 a2 c2 d1 f3 format of file 2 is (tab delimited): a1 1.2 0.5 0.06 0.7 0.9 1 0.023 a3 0.91 0.007 0.12 0.34 0.45 1 0.7 a2 1.05 2.3 0.25 1 0.9 0.3 0.091 b1 1 5.4 0.3 9.2 0.3 0.2 0.1 b2 3 5 7 0.9 1 9 0 1 b3 0.001 1 2.3 4.6 8.9 10 0 1 0... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Parsing

Hi Gurus, i have files like this and i want to rename it. server1_0_Log0000597500 server1_0_Log0000597501 server1_0_Log0000597502 server1_0_Log0000597503 server1_0_Log0000597504 server1_0_Log0000597505 server1_0_Log0000597506 server1_0_Log0000597507 server1_0_Log0000597508... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora132010
7 Replies
Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3)

NAME
Date::Manip::Migration5to6 - how to upgrade from 5.xx to 6.00 SYNOPSIS
When upgrading from Date::Manip 5.xx to 6.00, a few changes may be necessary to your scripts. The Date::Manip::Changes5to6 document lists in more detail the ways in which Date::Manip changed, but very few of these actually entail changes to your script. It should be noted that once the changes are made to your script, it will no longer run correctly in 5.xx. NECESSARY AND SUGGESTED CHANGES
The following changes are necessary, or strongly suggested: Reading config files with Date_Init If you use Date_Init to read any config files (if you do business mode calculations, you probably do), you should remove all of the following config variables from your call to Date_Init: GlobalCnf=FILE PersonalCnf=FILE PathSep=* IgnoreGlobalCnf=* PersonalCnfPath=* and replace them with: ConfigFile=FILE where FILE is now the full path to a config file. Also, the ConfigFile argument should be the first argument in Date_Init. Date_ConvTZ The Date_ConvTZ function has changed. It should now take 3 arguments: $date = Date_ConvTZ($date,$from,$to); If $from is not given, it defaults to the local time zone. If $to is not given, it defaults to the local time zone. The date is converted from the $from time zone into the $to time zone. Both should be any time zone (or alias) supported by Date::Manip. The old $errlevel argument is no longer handled. ConvTZ and TZ config variables If you use either the ConvTZ or TZ config variables, you should replace them with either SetDate or ForceDate. See the Date::Manip::Config document for information. The TZ variable will continue to work until Dec 2013 at which point it will be removed. Other deprecated config variables The following config variables have been deprecated, but will continue to function (though they will be removed at a future date): TZ (removed Dec 2013) The following variables have been removed. If you use any of them, you may need to modify your scripts: IntCharSet GlobalCnf PersonalCnf PathSep IgnoreGlobalCnf PersonalCnfPath ConvTZ Internal TodayIsMidnight DeltaSigns UpdateCurrTZ ResetWorkdDay today, yesterday, tomorrow If you parse the strings "today", "yesterday", or "tomorrow" in order to get the time now, or 24 hours in the past/future, this will no longer work. These strings now refer strictly to the date (so "today" is the current day at midnight, "yesterday" is the previous day at midnight, etc.). To get the time now, 24 hours ago, or 24 hours in the future, you would need to parse the strings "now", "-24:00:00", or "+24:00:00" respectively. Do not use Memoize In 5.xx, it was documented that you could use the module Memoize to speed up Date::Manip, especially when sorting dates. This information is no longer accurate. Using Memoize in conjunction with Date::Manip should have little impact on performance, and may lead to incorrect results, especially if you change config variables. Please see the Date::Manip::Changes5to6 (GENERAL CHANGES) document for more information. If you find other instances where it is necessary to modify your script, please email me so that I can add that information to this document. BUGS AND QUESTIONS
Please refer to the Date::Manip::Problems documentation for information on submitting bug reports or questions to the author. SEE ALSO
Date::Manip - main module documentation LICENSE
This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR
Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org) perl v5.16.3 2014-06-09 Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3)