Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl questions
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl questions Post 302137409 by cbkihong on Monday 24th of September 2007 09:37:07 PM
Old 09-24-2007
1. If your files are strictly numbered like that, you can do a readdir() to get the list of files in the directory, sort it, and then keep a running counter that increments the counter by 1 each time. If it matches the next item read, then there is no missing file. I can think of a couple more options, but this one is probably the easiest.

2. The grep() function will do it.

grep - perldoc.perl.org

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash and Perl interaction questions

hi. i´m working in bash and am trying to create a Perl daemon that controls bash´s behavior. this is actually in preparation for a later project i´ll be working on. basically, i´m looking for a way to have the Perl daemon tell bash what to do. i already have a small daemon that simply prints... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deryk
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: answering automatically to install questions

Hi everybody, I have been looking for an answer to this issue both on google and on the forum, but I couldn't find anything. please help me :eek: As part of an automated (in perl) install of Solaris 9, I would like to be able to answer automaticaly to the question the installer asks.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaap
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

chess perl program questions

Hello guys, While going over the book, I ran into this chess program and I have few questions 1) on line 40), why is not $chessboard-> ) ??? 40 unless (defined $chessboard->) { 2) 20 foreach my $i (reverse (0..7)) { #Row 1 #!/usr/bin/perl -w 2 # 3 # 4 5 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hankooknara
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl questions - more

More questions for Perl on Windows (again I apologize its on windows... ) 1. How can I check free disk space on a drive in windows using perl command in a script? 2. How can I check processes running using perl command (as I would normally be able to see in task manager for example) 3. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to answer the Questions in Perl .

I need to write a script to telnet or ssh a device the execute some commands in device then copy the output in a file, I wrote the script but I faced one issue, when you execute some commands the device asked me a Question, for example : device # copy run tftp device # Source filename ? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarkSoul
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl newbie questions!

Hi, So I started to learn perl a few days ago, and I have some problems... One of my problems... #!C:\Perl64\bin\perl.exe -w use LWP::Simple; print "Content-Type: Text/Plain\n\n"; sub pagelinks { return @all = get($_) =~ /href\s*=\s*"?(+)/gis; } @a =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: byte1918
5 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Debug Stepping Answering Questions

I am new to perl and want to get a little better understanding of debugging code in perl. I have a perl script that has questions to be answered like: he following PERL modules are recommended: Crypt::DES Crypt::PasswdMD5 IO::Pty Net::Write::Layer2 String::CRC32 Attempt to install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies

9. Programming

PERL: In a perl-scripttTrying to execute another perl-script that SETS SOME VARIABLES !

I have reviewed many examples on-line about running another process (either PERL or shell command or a program), but do not find any usefull for my needs way. (Reviewed and not useful the system(), 'back ticks', exec() and open()) I would like to run another PERL-script from first one, not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)