Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: date search
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting date search Post 302137246 by thirumaran on Monday 24th of September 2007 02:54:41 AM
Old 09-24-2007
Madhan,

Thanks for ur help

awk -v var=`cat date_file` '{ if ( $0 ~ var ) { print } }' log_file

this will get the date and search for the pattern in log file .

can u help me in this
1) search for pattern 1 in log file ( ur awk cmd will work) if it exists then
2) then search for pattren2 from the last occurance of pattern1
3) if pattern2 exists
echo "pattern2 has happened after | date_file value "
fi

Regards
Thiru

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search by modification date

Hi I'd like to know if is it possible to find files given a certain modification date (say, 01-05-2006, that's 1st of May 2006) I can calculate the days backward: find / -ctime 23 but I wish to search by exact modification day Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: slink
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search by modified date

Hello, How can i search for all the files in a particular directory which are not updated from past 5 days. Thanks, Sateesh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a file with Current Date

Hi, How can we search for a file with current date(sysdate). Actually i want the file name from a directory which was created today(current date). For example i have a dir /home/arch and i have files with name aglito03axyz.datetimestamp in this directory, but all these files were created... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search files between a date range

Hi people A newbie here, thrown into the deep end. I want to select the group of files with in a range of dates and perform some operation on it. Are there inbuild date libraries i can use? I did read thru the old posts on this topic. Couldnt get much idea :(, basically want to know how I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zcanji
7 Replies

5. Solaris

search for date of modification

hi member. i want to know all file in the system which the last date of modification = 14-06-2010 for example what can i do (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxmasrawy
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for files on a particular date

I have list of files generated on 2 dates which are shown below: -rw-r----- 1 bobby ccsdba 580945 Aug 16 16:13 file 1 -rw-r----- 1 bobby ccsdba 580945 Aug 16 16:16 file 2 -rwxrwxr-x 1 Shaan ccsdba 4422724 Aug 16 16:28 file 3 -rwxrwxr-x 1 bobby ccsdba 794 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search for file and display by date

I like "ls -ltr". I would like to search for a file in a large directory recursively and and display all the candidates in reverse order. /usr/bin/find . -name \*.txt This works. How do I display the date and sort the file names by the date in reverse order for the entire directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search log file from a date

Hi All, I want to grep through all the log files created from 20th August. How do I do that? My script will run everyday. So it will take current date as To_Date. My log file name looks like - applog-2012-08-20-000001....applog-2012-08-20-000002...etc. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmajumder
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search file for a date variable?

Hello, I'm trying to write a ksh script which will allow me to to search for yesterday's date within a rtf file. I just need someway to know if the date is in the file, echo results to a text file, and then mail that out. The format of the date is mm/dd/yyyy. I had to make a variable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronan1219
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX: Search file between two Date stamps

Hi, I have a requirement to find a file based on date stamp provided by user. In one of the shared location I get data file say “datafile<dataformat>“. And User will provide the date based on which I need to select a file which is 7 days older, if a file not present within 7 days, then I need... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santhosh86467
3 Replies
SVK::Log::Filter::Grep(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 SVK::Log::Filter::Grep(3)

SYNOPSIS
SVK::Log::Filter::Grep - search log messages for a given pattern DESCRIPTION
The Grep filter requires a single Perl pattern (regular expression) as its argument. The pattern is then applied to the svn:log property of each revision it receives. If the pattern matches, the revision is allowed to continue down the pipeline. If the pattern fails to match, the pipeline immediately skips to the next revision. The pattern is applied with the /i modifier (case insensitivity). If you want case-sensitivity or other modifications to the behavior of your pattern, you must use the "(?imsx-imsx)" extended pattern (see "perldoc perlre" for details). For example, to search for log messages that match exactly the characters "foo" you might use svk log --filter "grep (?-i)foo" However, to search for "foo" without regards for case, one might try svk log --filter "grep foo" The result of any capturing parentheses inside the pattern are not available. If demand dictates, the Grep filter could be modified to place the captured value somewhere in the stash for other filters to access. If the pattern contains a pipe character ('|'), it must be escaped by preceding it with a '' character. Otherwise, the portion of the pattern after the pipe character is interpreted as the name of a log filter. STASH
/PROPERTY MODIFICATIONS Grep leaves all properties and the stash intact. perl v5.10.0 2008-08-04 SVK::Log::Filter::Grep(3)