Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Looking for a command line tool that converts a .wmv file into .mpg Post 302137130 by karman on Saturday 22nd of September 2007 12:12:20 PM
Old 09-22-2007
Looking for a command line tool that converts a .wmv file into .mpg

I need a simple command line executable that allows me to convert a wmv file into an mpg file like this:
wmv2mpg inputfile.mwv > outputfile.mpg

I cannot find it on internet. I tried installing mencoder but I cannot get it to work.

Thanks.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux command line admin tool

Dear All, I am new to linux administration. what is the tool that is used to admin the linux server from remote client using telnet session. It can be used on the server also but start from command line with out Xwindows. just like SMIT in AIX. With Regards, Varma. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jarkvarma
1 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Command line tool to join multiple .wmv files?

I need a simple command line executable that allows me to join many wmv files into one output wmv file, preferrably in a simple way like this: wmvjoin file1.wmv file2.wmv .... > outputfile.wmv So what I want is the wmv-equivalent of mpgtx I cannot find it on internet. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command-line tool for .gif files

Hello! I'm searching for a little (as basic as possible) command -line tool for viewing gif animations. I found gThumb and animate (imagemagick), but they both have a little problem... gthumb: no possibility of changing the background when viewing in fullscreen animate: no possibility of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: al0x
0 Replies
MKERRLST(1)						      General Commands Manual						       MKERRLST(1)

NAME
mkerrlst - create system error file SYNOPSIS
mkerrlst [ -i inputfile ] [ -o outputfile ] DESCRIPTION
Mkerrlst(1) creates error message files in the format described by syserrlst(5). With no arguments mkerrlst creates the file /etc/syserrlst from the internal array sys_errlist. Give just the -o option mkerrlst will create the file outputfile from the internal array sys_errlist. Given just the -i option mkerrlst will create the file /etc/syserrlst from the input file inputfile. Given both -i and -o options mkerrlst will create the error message file outputfile from the strings contained in inputfile. NOTE: error messages are numbered from 0. If the error 0 does not have a message associated with it the first string in inputfile must still be present. RETURN VALUE
mkerrlst exits with status of 0 if no errors are encountered. If errors do occur an error message is printed on stderr and the exit status is 1. ERRORS
mkerrlst(1) can encounter any of the errors for the open(2), lseek(2), read(2), or write(2) system calls. SEE ALSO
syserrlst(3) syserrlst(5) HISTORY
mkerrlst(1), first appeared in 2.11BSD. BUGS
Error messages can be a maximum of 80 characters. 3rd Berkeley Distribution March 14, 1996 MKERRLST(1)