Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Code Consolidation
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Code Consolidation Post 302137127 by porter on Saturday 22nd of September 2007 09:52:25 AM
Old 09-22-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterpinkey
Is there a way to use a loop or something to consolidate this to make it smaller?
You could make each option a function, then have the case statement call each function for each option.

Or have each functions name be a prefix followed by a number, then read the number, append to the function prefix then call that.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache Subnet consolidation script/routine help needed

I have a rather simple routine that I would like to fine tune. I am having scripters block if that exists. Trying to tally up that amount of subnets after I performed an awk and uniq from zipped apache logs. For instance, on a solaris 10 system: This does work gunzip -c access_log1.200834.gz |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NYG71
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RRDtool consolidation not going as expected

Hello all, I am new to RRDtool and have made a RRDtool database with one data-source. Information of this data-source is stored in four different RRA's with different intervals for different time spans. Database create command: rrdtool create /root/mde.rrd --step 300 \... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArtOfLosing
2 Replies
MSSQL_FETCH_FIELD(3)													      MSSQL_FETCH_FIELD(3)

mssql_fetch_field - Get field information

SYNOPSIS
object mssql_fetch_field (resource $result, [int $field_offset = -1]) DESCRIPTION
mssql_fetch_field(3) can be used in order to obtain information about fields in a certain query result. PARAMETERS
o $result - The result resource that is being evaluated. This result comes from a call to mssql_query(3). o $field_offset - The numerical field offset. If the field offset is not specified, the next field that was not yet retrieved by this function is retrieved. The $field_offset starts at 0. RETURN VALUES
Returns an object containing field information. The properties of the object are: o name - column name. if the column is a result of a function, this property is set to computed#N, where #N is a serial number. o column_source - the table from which the column was taken o max_length - maximum length of the column o numeric - 1 if the column is numeric o type - the column type. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mssql_fetch_field(3) example <?php // Connect to MSSQL and select the database mssql_connect('MANGOSQLEXPRESS', 'sa', 'phpfi'); mssql_select_db('php'); // Send a select query to MSSQL $query = mssql_query('SELECT * FROM [php].[dbo].[persons]'); // Construct table echo '<h3>Table structure for 'persons'</h3>'; echo '<table border="1">'; // Table header echo '<thead>'; echo '<tr>'; echo '<td>Field name</td>'; echo '<td>Data type</td>'; echo '<td>Max length</td>'; echo '</tr>'; echo '</thead>'; // Dump all fields echo '<tbody>'; for ($i = 0; $i < mssql_num_fields($query); ++$i) { // Fetch the field information $field = mssql_fetch_field($query, $i); // Print the row echo '<tr>'; echo '<td>' . $field->name . '</td>'; echo '<td>' . strtoupper($field->type) . '</td>'; echo '<td>' . $field->max_length . '</td>'; echo '</tr>'; } echo '</tbody>'; echo '</table>'; // Free the query result mssql_free_result($query); ?> SEE ALSO
mssql_field_seek(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_FETCH_FIELD(3)