Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers meaning of columns in the result of executing 'ls -l' Post 302137121 by pbsrinivas on Saturday 22nd of September 2007 08:44:35 AM
Old 09-22-2007
du -k . will give u in KB..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

executing script by cron doesnt give me expected result

Hi frnds... I m facing very irritating problem already waisted my 2 days.. I have a following script..( i am pasting only the main code) ftp -ivn 213.194.40.77 <<FTP user $user $password binary cd $FileDir/out lcd $localpath get $file rename $FileDir/out/$file $FileDir/tmp/$file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clx
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outputting formatted Result log file from old 30000 lines result log<help required>

Well I have a 3000 lines result log file that contains all the machine data when it does the testing... It has 3 different section that i am intrsted in 1) starting with "20071126 11:11:11 Machine Header 1" 1000 lines... "End machine header 1" 2) starting with "20071126 12:12:12 Machine... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas.iet
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display the result of wc -l with words before and after the result

hello showrev -p | wc -l returns: 381 What to do in case I want to have this output: number of lines returned by showrev -p is: 381 thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find common lines using just one column to compare and result with all columns

Hi. If we have this file A B C 7 8 9 1 2 10 and this other file A C D F 7 9 2 3 9 2 3 4 The result i´m looking for is intersection with A B C D F so the answer here will be (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: alcalina
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

transporting scripts onto sloaris, executing it and returning the result to windows

Hi, I have to write a windows XP program, that would generate a Solaris Script, which would then be transported to Solaris, executed, the execution result then needs to be returned to the XP program. For transporting the file i was thinking of following FTP (admins rejected it) or File share on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 00262881
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

prevent ssh from executing result in shell

Hi, I am writing a script on Solaris 10 and want to execute a remote ssh command. Normally this command should just return the value 0000000000002356 but when using ssh it seems it is passing the result to the shell to execute. ssh root@10.5.112.145 `/usr/bin/nawk -F\, '$1=="USG" && $2=="01"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort, columns, no result! can I print files of "planes"?

hi, please can I ask you for some help? I have data from 3D situation, x y z value I'd like to use gnuplot to generate maps of the value in the planes z=0 to z=1 for example, my file looks like -0,012 0,0060 0,0 0,13972813076023477 -0,012 0,0064319163 4,2894483E-4 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kocour
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing the result of a program as a shell script

I have a program that returns a shell script and I want to execute the script. I'll use cat in my simple example, but wget is an example that is feasible. $ # First setup a script $ echo "ls > df" > simple $ # "cat simple" is now a program that returns a script $ cat simple ls df $ ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopite
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare the current result with previous line result.?

Hi Gurus, I have requirement to compare current result with previous reuslt. The sample case is below. 1 job1 1 1 job2 2 1 job3 3 2 job_a1 1 2 job_a2 2 2 job_a3 3 3 job_b1 1 3 job_b2 2 for above sample file, GID is group ID, for input line, the job run... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ken6503
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 columns from the same file and print a value depending on the result

Hello Unix gurus, I have a file with this format (example values): label1 1 0 label2 1 0 label3 0.4 0.6 label4 0.5 0.5 label5 0.1 0.9 label6 0.9 0.1 in which: column 1 is a row label column 2 and 3 are values I would like to do a simple operation on this table and get the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksennin
8 Replies
ODBC_SPECIALCOLUMNS(3)							 1						    ODBC_SPECIALCOLUMNS(3)

odbc_specialcolumns - Retrieves special columns

SYNOPSIS
resource odbc_specialcolumns (resource $connection_id, int $type, string $qualifier, string $owner, string $table, int $scope, int $nullable) DESCRIPTION
Retrieves either the optimal set of columns that uniquely identifies a row in the table, or columns that are automatically updated when any value in the row is updated by a transaction. PARAMETERS
o $connection_id -The ODBC connection identifier, see odbc_connect(3) for details. o $type - When the type argument is SQL_BEST_ROWID, odbc_specialcolumns(3) returns the column or columns that uniquely identify each row in the table. When the type argument is SQL_ROWVER, odbc_specialcolumns(3) returns the column or columns in the specified table, if any, that are automatically updated by the data source when any value in the row is updated by any transaction. o $qualifier - The qualifier. o $owner - The owner. o $table - The table. o $scope - The scope, which orders the result set. o $nullable - The nullable option. RETURN VALUES
Returns an ODBC result identifier or FALSE on failure. The result set has the following columns: oSCOPE oCOLUMN_NAME oDATA_TYPE oTYPE_NAME oPRECISION oLENGTH oSCALE oPSEUDO_COLUMN PHP Documentation Group ODBC_SPECIALCOLUMNS(3)