Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Nested Echo Command Help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Nested Echo Command Help Post 302137084 by findprakash on Saturday 22nd of September 2007 12:26:25 AM
Old 09-22-2007
Nested Echo Command Help

Thanks it works

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested Loop to Echo Multiple Arrays

I have three arrays which hold three elements each. I have a fourth array which contains the names of those three arrays. I'm having difficulty creating a nested loop that can loop through each array and echo their values. script #!/bin/ksh # array of locations (usa, london, australia)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yongho
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Echo command with $$ $# $@

Hi, Good morning. Would you please explain to me what does it mean by the following command. echo "$$ $# $@" >> /opt/ftp_generic_send.log I know that something is being directed to log file, but not sure what exactly mean by those $$ and $# and $@ means. Thank you for your help.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: howdy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

What does following echo command do?

Can anybody tell me what does following command do? # echo gsoc1 | ./configure_cmd.sh Regards, akash mahakode (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akash_mahakode
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo Command Help

Hi All I want to use the echo command to had some lines to a file but the lines i want to have contain " and ; here is my command system("echo user_pref("accessibility.typeaheadfind.flashBar", 0); > $profile"); but i think there are too many " and so it barfs n e ideas thanks A (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me with Echo Command

Hi All I have the big statement which needs to be appended to the file MANUALLY without opening the file. So, i tried with echo command echo " failure ( 4446): for host xx.xx.xx.xxx trying to GET /index.html, wl-proxy reports: exception occurred for backend host 'xx.xx.xxx.xx/12210/12210':... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalaiela
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I write nested command substitutions?

Hello How can write the nested command substitutions? echo `expr substr $x 1 expr ${#x} - 1` the above code is not working! Thanks in advance Regards Chetanz (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chetanz
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using shell command need to parse multiple nested tag value of a XML file

I have this XML file - <gp> <mms>1110012</mms> <tg>988</tg> <mm>LongTime</mm> <lv> <lkid>StartEle=ONE, Desti = Motion</lkid> <kk>12</kk> </lv> <lv> <lkid>StartEle=ONE, Source = Velocity</lkid> <kk>2</kk> </lv> <lv> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeedASolution
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to echo command successful if command is executed successfully

Hello, I have written a command n shell script : srvctl relocate service -d t1 -s s1 -i i1 -t t1 -f If the above command executes successfully without error I need to echo "Service relocated successfully and If it errors out I need to trap the errors in a file and also need to make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested case: rsync command not found

Hello! Below my first bash script. As you can see i build 2 nested cases. The second one (sync databases) is working fine. Bu the first one (sync datadirs) is not working. It says: rsync: command not found. However when i move the rsync command to the top of the script its working. So i suppose... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hyperconnected
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

The Shell lost the inverted comma in a nested ssh command

Hi, i want use this Comand for my psql request sh ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no rootatemailaddress.de sudo psql -U postgres -c "select pg_terminate_backend(pid) from pg_stat_activity where datnam=\'$DB\';"'" but the shell lost the inverted comma for datnam=\'$DB\'. The request deliver... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterpane007
2 Replies
TPING(1)							   LAM COMMANDS 							  TPING(1)

NAME
tping - Send echo messages to LAM nodes. SYNOPSIS
tping [-hv] [-c count] [-d delay] [-l length] nodes OPTIONS
-h Print the command help menu. -v Turn OFF verbose mode. -c count Send count messages. -d delay Delay delay seconds between each message. -l length Each message is length bytes long. DESCRIPTION
The tping command sends messages to, and collects replies from, a list of nodes, via the LAM echo server. It is similar to the UNIX ping(8) command, and is used as a quick diagnosis of the LAM network. Unless options are specified, tping sends a 1 byte message an infinite number of times, displaying the roundtrip time of each message as it completes, with a delay of 1 second between roundtrips. After the loop is broken (with keyboard interrupt, eg: ^C), tping prints statis- tics about all roundtrip messages. EXAMPLES
tping h Echo messages to the local node. tping -v n7 -l 1000 -c 10 Echo 1000 byte messages to node 7. Stay silent while working. Stop after 10 roundtrips and report statistics. BUGS
There is no built-in timeout and tping will wait forever to receive an echo. If no echo is received, due to a dead link or node, tping hangs. Stop the process with a keyboard suspend signal (eg: ^Z) and terminate LAM with lamhalt(1) or lamwipe(1) (although the use of lamwipe(1) is deprecated). SEE ALSO
lamhalt(1), lamwipe(1) LAM 7.1.4 July, 2007 TPING(1)