Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Find File names with sustitution Post 302137041 by radoulov on Friday 21st of September 2007 09:33:30 AM
Old 09-21-2007

Code:
$ ls
oerp4556        oerp4556123450  oerp4556123470  perp45560
$ find . -name 'oerp4556' -o -name 'perp45560'
./perp45560
./oerp4556

If your find supports the regex option:

Code:
$find -regextype posix-extended -regex '.*[op]erp45560{,1}'
./oerp4556
./perp45560

2. With ksh,bash and zsh you can use ksh or extended-globbing, but you can do a recursive search only with the Z-Shell:

[ksh]
Code:
$ echo *
oerp4556 oerp4556123450 oerp4556123470 perp45560
$ echo [op]erp4556?(0)
oerp4556 perp45560

[bash]
Code:
bash 3.2.25(1)$ shopt -s extglob
bash 3.2.25(1)$ echo [op]erp4556?(0)
oerp4556 perp45560

[zsh]
Code:
zsh 4.3.4% setopt kshglob
zsh 4.3.4% echo [op]erp4556(?(0))
oerp4556 perp45560

or recursive:

Code:
setopt kshglob
print -l **/[op]erp4556(?(0))

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find the length of file names in a directory?

Hi, how can find length of file names in a directory. Examp: I have a directory with name "d1". directory: d1 files: aaa.log bbb.log abcd.log abcdef.log I wold like out put like: file name legnth aaa.log 3 bbb.log 3 abcd.log 4 abcdef.log 5 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the file names from date/time: Need help

Hi All, I really need help in figuring out how to determine the filenames from the time that is specified as parameter. The script should take as input - the start time and end time in minutes and also start date and end date. Example: reporter.sh -instance Instance_Name -startTime 13:10... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and replace portion of file names

Hey all, So I know you can easily find and replace words and strings in text files, but is there an easy way to find and replace just a sub-portion of text in the file name. For example, in a directory I have tons of file names that start with F00001-0708, and I want to change all the files to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hertingm
2 Replies

4. AIX

find for specific content in file in the directory and list only file names

Hi, I am trying to find the content of file using grep and find command and list only the file names but i am getting entire file list of files in the directory find . -exec grep "test" {} \; -ls Can anyone of you correct this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_Jagarapu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find pattern in file names?

I have some files, those are abbreviated (ed,ea, and bi) company_ed_20100719.txt company_ea_20100719.txt company_bi_20100719.txt I would like to rename these files by replacing ed with EmployeeDetails ea with EmployeeAddress bi with BankInfomration as company_... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxLearner
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find complete file names in UNIX if i know only extention of file

Suppose I have a file which contains other file names with some extention . text file containt gdsds sd8ef g/f/temp_temp.sum yyeta t/unix.sum ghfp hrwer h/y/test.text.dat if then.... I want to get the complete file names, like for above file I should get output as temp_temp.sum... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchal
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find specific file names and execute a command depending on file's name

Hi, As a newbie, I'm desperate ro make my shell script work. I'd like a script which checks all the files in a directory, check the file name, if the file name ends with "extracted", store it in a variable, if it has a suffix of ".roi" stores in another variable. I'm going to use these two... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: armando110
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with script to find file names

Have a text file "test-array.txt" with contents below a23003 b23406 c23506 Tying to read the above file into an array and search for file-names in a directory TEST_DIR ,recursively with the above names in them. Example: If TEST_DIR has a files named xyxa_a23003_test.sql,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav99
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find 2 occurrences of a word and print file names

I was thinking something like this but it always gets rid of the file location. grep -roh base. | wc -l find . -type f -exec grep -o base {} \; | wc -l Would this be a job for awk? Would I need to store the file locations in an array? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find matching file in bash with variable file names but consisent prefixs

As part of a bash the below line strips off a numerical prefix from directory 1 to search for in directory 2. for file in /home/cmccabe/Desktop/comparison/missing/*.txt do file1=${file##*/} # Strip off directory getprefix=${file1%%_*.txt} ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
getusershell(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					  getusershell(3C)

NAME
getusershell, setusershell, endusershell - get legal user shells SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> char *getusershell(void); void setusershell(void); void endusershell(void); DESCRIPTION
The getusershell() function returns a pointer to a legal user shell as defined by the system manager in the file /etc/shells. If /etc/shells does not exist, the following locations of the standard system shells are used in its place: /bin/bash /bin/csh /bin/jsh /bin/ksh /bin/ksh93 /bin/pfcsh /bin/pfksh /bin/pfsh /bin/sh /bin/tcsh /bin/zsh /sbin/jsh /sbin/pfsh /sbin/sh /usr/bin/bash /usr/bin/csh /usr/bin/jsh /usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/ksh93 /usr/bin/pfcsh /usr/bin/pfksh /usr/bin/pfsh /usr/bin/sh /usr/bin/tcsh /usr/bin/zsh /usr/sfw/bin/zsh /usr/xpg4/bin/sh The getusershell() function opens the file /etc/shells, if it exists, and returns the next entry in the list of shells. The setusershell() function rewinds the file or the list. The endusershell() function closes the file, frees any memory used by getusershell() and setusershell(), and rewinds the file /etc/shells. RETURN VALUES
The getusershell() function returns a null pointer on EOF. BUGS
All information is contained in memory that may be freed with a call to endusershell(), so it must be copied if it is to be saved. NOTES
Restricted shells should not be listed in /etc/shells. SunOS 5.11 1 Nov 2007 getusershell(3C)