Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting configuring 2-gateways in linux Post 302136908 by sysgate on Thursday 20th of September 2007 10:35:57 AM
Old 09-20-2007
There are many materials on the net regarding this topic, like this one, but you need to give us more specific information. Also, consider more advanced software like quagga or zebra.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gateways

I cannot change my gateway. I have five locations (simulated) and i try to ping another of my locations but it says host unreachable and it is showing the gateway as the host i'm pinging withs ip address. I have tried the route command but I couldn't get it to work. Any suggestions on how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deuce
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

configuring more than one ip for an inteface pemanently (linux)

Hi does anybody know how we can add more than one ip for NIC(in Redhat Linux 7.2)? i usually do it by using this command ifconfig eth0 add <ip addresss> netmask <..............> up or ; ip address add 192.168.20.1/24 dev eth0 or adding it manually to file in... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: hessam
12 Replies

3. Linux

Configuring USB in Red Hat Linux 9

Had problems in configuring USB memory stick in RHL 9. Please assist. With regards, Kungra. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kungra2006
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Configuring 1 Nic card with 2 IP addresses and 2 seperate default Gateways in Solaris

Hi ...... I'm trying to configure my Solaris servers with only one NIC card to have 2 IP addresses as well as 2 different default gateways. ( NOT to be confused with multi-pathing - with 2 physical IPs & 1 virtual ip) Thanks, Remi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Remi
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

configuring NTP in Solaris/Windows/Linux environment.

configuring NTP in Solaris/Windows/Linux environment. Can anybody please explain the below table to monitor NTP daemon status This contains many columns like remote,refid,st....various values corresponding to those columns If possible provide me any link to study about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sgand
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Problem with configuring host name in Redhat Linux 5

Hi All when I give the command, $ ping <hostname> I get the following error ping: unknown host <hostname> I have checked in the following files, /etc/sysconfig/network /etc/hosts /etc/resolv.conf /etc/nsswitch.conf Every where in these files host name and IP address are given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagapradeep
2 Replies

7. BSD

Two gateways

I have a web server running FreeBSD 7.2, i have configured two NICs in the following way: fxp0: 200.14.xxx.254 sk0: 200.12.xxx.4 gateway: 200.14.xxx.1 both ip addresses are public but only those requests to fxp0 are successful. I have tried configuring nat and binat in sk0 but it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
4 Replies

8. IP Networking

Configuring Linux as a firewall

i have a linux server runnig oracle applications. i need to access this server from putty using ssh through internet. i did by registering my static ip with the dnydns.org and i am able to connect to the server. but now there is no security to authenticate any user as any one knowing the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: u.n.i.x
6 Replies

9. Infrastructure Monitoring

Configuring SNMP in linux

I am trying to enabling SNMP access and trap forwarding for Linux(RHEL5) using following official url from IBM. http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/eserver/v1r2/index.jsp?topic=/diricinfo/fqm0_t_enabling_snmp_access_and_trap_forwarding_for_linux.html In my system, snmp and snmplibs are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SiddhV
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

Configuring DNS Server in Linux Redhat

Can someone help with a detail step-by-step oh how to configure DNS server on Linux Server. - I need to have 3 IP addresses map to a single hostname. for clients I'm a Linux rookie. Thanks Oscar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FrankOscar
1 Replies
ZEBRA(8)							  Version 0.97.3							  ZEBRA(8)

NAME
zebra - a routing manager for use with associated Quagga components. SYNOPSIS
zebra [ -bdhklrv ] [ -f config-file ] [ -i pid-file ] [ -P port-number ] [ -A vty-address ] [ -u user ] [ -g group ] DESCRIPTION
zebra is a routing manager that implements the zebra route engine. zebra supports RIPv1, RIPv2, RIPng, OSPF, OSPF6, IS-IS, BGP4+, and BGP4-. OPTIONS
Options available for the zebra command: -b, --batch Runs in batch mode, zebra parses its config and exits. -d, --daemon Runs in daemon mode, forking and exiting from tty. -f, --config-file config-file Specifies the config file to use for startup. If not specified this option will likely default to /usr/local/etc/zebra.conf. -g, --group group Specify the group to run as. Default is quagga. -h, --help A brief message. -i, --pid_file pid-file When zebra starts its process identifier is written to pid-file. The init system uses the recorded PID to stop or restart zebra. The likely default is /var/run/zebra.pid. -k, --keep_kernel On startup, don't delete self inserted routes. -P, --vty_port port-number Specify the port that the zebra VTY will listen on. This defaults to 2601, as specified in /etc/services. -A, --vty_addr vty-address Specify the address that the zebra VTY will listen on. Default is all interfaces. -u, --user user Specify the user to run as. Default is quagga. -r, --retain When the program terminates, retain routes added by zebra. -s, --nl-bufsize netlink-buffer-size Set netlink receive buffer size. There are cases where zebra daemon can't handle flood of netlink messages from kernel. If you ever see "recvmsg overrun" messages in zebra log, you are in trouble. Solution is to increase receive buffer of netlink socket. Note that kernel doesn't allow to increase it over maximum value defined in /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_max. If you want to do it, you have to increase maximum before starting zebra. Note that this affects Linux only. -v, --version Print the version and exit. FILES
/usr/local/sbin/zebra The default location of the zebra binary. /usr/local/etc/zebra.conf The default location of the zebra config file. $(PWD)/zebra.log If the zebra process is config'd to output logs to a file, then you will find this file in the directory where you started zebra. WARNING
This man page is intended to be a quick reference for command line options. The definitive document is the Info file Quagga. DIAGNOSTICS
The zebra process may log to standard output, to a VTY, to a log file, or through syslog to the system logs. zebra supports many debugging options, see the Info file, or the source for details. SEE ALSO
bgpd(8), ripd(8), ripngd(8), ospfd(8), ospf6d(8), isisd(8), vtysh(1) BUGS
zebra eats bugs for breakfast. If you have food for the maintainers try http://bugzilla.quagga.net AUTHORS
See http://www.zebra.org and http://www.quagga.net or the Info file for an accurate list of authors. Zebra daemon 25 November 2004 ZEBRA(8)