Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Just started linux any advice?? Post 302136803 by Necrons on Wednesday 19th of September 2007 07:40:29 PM
Old 09-19-2007
well im not panicing haha but thank you for the advice but are there any like simple projects you suggest i start with or anything??

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Advice on UNIX/Linux

I have 6 extra hard drives and want to install them in my boxes and run UNIX, LINUX andyes M$ Winblows. How do I make it so i have the choice of which HD to boot from? Also, which UNIX distribution should i run to get aquainted with it, and wheres the best place to get it? Thank you very much if... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: r1sk
5 Replies

2. BSD

Novice seeking advice in getting started with FreeBSD

Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've just decided to teach myself Unix. (for fun!):confused: although I've never used Unix before so it's a steep learning curve. I have so far set up a virtual Machine (VirtualBox) on my PC and installed FreeBSD 8.0 (utilising the handbook wherever... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Puppetjacks
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix/Linux System Administrator - Study Advice

Hello all, I really hope that this is the right Forum to post this kind of a question... I have been working in the IT support industry for nearly 3 years now. I started of providing end-user support. So enough to say that I provided my fair share of "have you tried turning it off and on"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kalignas
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need advice for my career growth being solaris/linux admin

Hi All, I am having 5+ years total unix admin exp in india (5years solarisadminand 2+ years on linuxadmin).Please advice me which technology I need to learn for my career growth and salary growth. Is it good to go for EMC SAN storage or vmware for higher packages. Please advice me or I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SolarisLinux123
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

What are Linux configuration changes required after a cloned VM Server is started?

Dear Expert Users, VMware Admin Tool is used to create a "clone" of an existing VM RHEL Server. Now, I have a Project where a cloned VM Server image is started for run . Please share what are all configuration changes required to ensure this runs fine ? I will be grateful for quick and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: schandrakar1
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need advice for project UNIX to Linux migration

I am working on UNIX AIX to Linux migration. Does anybody know the good site for doing this? Thanks for contribution (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Getting started with fixing bugs for Linux

Okay I want to try my luck at fixing bugs for the Fedora OS, but I guess this question deals with any Linux distro or any open source OS for that matter. I want to know how I can start fixing bugs on the OS level. For example the particular bug that I want to target is this logout bug I mean... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
6 Replies
projects(1)							   User Commands						       projects(1)

NAME
projects - print project membership of user SYNOPSIS
projects [-dv] [ user] projects -l [projectname [projectname...]] DESCRIPTION
The projects command prints on standard output the projects to which the invoking user or an optionally specified user belongs. Each user belongs to some set of projects specified in the project(4) file and possibly in the associated NIS maps and LDAP databases for project information. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d Prints only default project. -l Prints verbose info on each project projectname. If no projectnames are given, info on all projects is printed. -v Prints project descriptions along with project names. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: projectnaDisplay information for the specified project. user Displays project memberships for the specified user. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Displaying Membership for a Specified User example$ projects paul default beatles wings example$ projects ringo default beatles example$ projects -d paul beatles EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 A fatal error occurred during execution. 2 Invalid command line options were specified. FILES
/etc/project Local database containing valid project definitions for this machine. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The invocation is Evolving. The human-readable output is Unstable. SEE ALSO
getdefaultproj(3PROJECT), getprojent(3PROJECT), project(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 May 2004 projects(1)