Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: #? 0,1,2,,,,,,,125 ?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting #? 0,1,2,,,,,,,125 ? Post 302136710 by praveen_b744 on Wednesday 19th of September 2007 07:53:48 AM
Old 09-19-2007
Question #? 0,1,2,,,,,,,125 ?

The return value of the #? returns status of the executed command, i.e If it is 0 then SUCCESS, If it is non-zero value the it means FAILURE.

My doubt is how does the return status defined?

Exp: if it returns 125,, how does it relates to failure?

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

Getting access of my project kept in one 121.12.12.125 node

sir.. i am working in a WAN...... i am getting the login screen for an application by typing the address of the location and the file name "http:/121.12.12.111/xyz.html" from the node 121.12.12.125. now i had my web applicatioon at 121.12.12.125 for which i have taken the source code of the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KANNI786
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bind() with SO_BINDTODEVICE returns errno 125

I am setting the socket option SO_BINDTODEVICE for eth0 to be able to route the packets only through that interface. However, bind() fails with "Port already in use" error with this option when the server is restarted despite having the socket option SO_REUSEADDR. Here is my code snippet: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepti0719
0 Replies
env(1)							      General Commands Manual							    env(1)

NAME
env - set environment for command execution SYNOPSIS
[name value] ... [command [arguments ...]] DESCRIPTION
obtains the current environment, modifies it according to its arguments, then executes the command with the modified environment. Argu- ments of the form are merged into the inherited environment before the command is executed. The option causes the inherited environment to be ignored completely so that the command is executed with exactly the environment specified by the arguments. The option is obsolete and has the same effect as the option. If no command is specified, the resulting environment is printed, one name-value pair per line. RETURN VALUE
If command is invoked, the exit status of is the exit status of command; otherwise, exits with one of the following values: 0 completed successfully. 1-125 encountered an error. 126 command was found but could not be invoked. 127 command could not be found. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified in the environment or is set to the empty string, the value of is used as a default for each unspecified or empty vari- able. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, a default of "C" (see lang(5)) is used instead of If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to "C". See environ(5). International Code Set Support Single- and multi-byte character code sets are supported. WARNING
The option is obsolete. Use instead. SEE ALSO
sh(1), exec(2), profile(4), environ(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
env(1)