Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to exclude top level directory with find? Post 302136608 by siegfried on Tuesday 18th of September 2007 10:34:18 PM
Old 09-18-2007
But I don't want to remove that directory

I only want to delete files and not directories. How do I tell find to not traverse a certain top level directory? I've used prune before with file names but never with a top level directory.
Thanks,
Siegfried

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i exclude the current directory when using find?

i want to compile a list of files in all sub directories but exclude the current directory. the closest i could get was to search 'only' the current directory, which is the opposite of what i wanted. find . ! -name . -prune (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjays
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed removing two top level folders from path

Hi, I am trying to use either awk or sed to drop the first two folders in a path. So if I had path /folder1/folder2/folder3/folder4.... I need to drop folder1&2, so the new path would be /folder3/folder4... If folder1 and folder2 were the same all the time, this would be easy. But... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertinohio
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude a directory in 'find'

Hi, I'm in the process of writing a shell script which will be ran under cron hourly and will check for files of specific age in my ftp folder, then moves those over inside a folder called "old" (which is within the ftp dir). But, I'm unable to figure out how to exclude the "old" folder when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mutex1
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SunOS: How to exclude directory in find command?

Hi All, First my OS version is: ksh:0$ uname -a SunOS 5.9 Generic_122300-48 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 I want to exclude the following DIR(./country111) in my search pattern: ksh:0$ find . -name "*.tar" ./country111/COUNTRY_BATCH-801.tar ./country111/COUNTRY_BATCH-802.tar... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
3 Replies

5. Ubuntu

[Solved] Using Find with an exclude/exclude file

I am familiar with using tar and exclude/include files: tar zcf backup.dirs.tgz --files-from=include.mydirs --exclude-from=exclude.mydirs --no-recursion but was wondering if I could use find in the same way. I know that you can just specify the directories to exclude but my list is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cmd find: exclude directory when using option -depth

hello, i want to use "-depth" in command "find" and want to exclude a directory. the find command should work in HP-UX and Linux. i see in the find man page: -prune If -depth is not given, true; do not descend the current directory. If -depth is given, false; no effect. -depth... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bora99
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get top level parent directory

Hi All, I have a directory like this: /u01/app/oracle/11gSE1/11gR203 How do i get the top level directory /u01 from this? Tried dirname and basename but dint help. I can this using echo $ORACLE_HOME | awk -F"/" '{print "/"$2}'. But I am trying to find out if there is a better way of doing it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nilayasundar
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How-To Exclude Directory in find command

How can i tweak the below find command to exclude directory/s -> "/tmp/logs" find . -type f \( ! -name "*.log*" ! -name "*.jar*" \) -printNote: -path option/argument does not work with the version of find that i have. bash-3.2$ uname -a SunOS mymac 5.10 Generic_150400-26 sun4v sparc sun4v (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Top 10 Users in mount level

Hi Members, I'm new to unix. Could you help me in solving my issue. My requirement is I need to pull Top 15 users in every mount. I could able to get the mount level information but I couldn't able to pull the top users in every mount. I see in every mount I could see a lot of nested... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: UBEE
3 Replies
SVN-CLEAN(1)							   User Commands						      SVN-CLEAN(1)

NAME
svn-clean - Wipes out unversioned files from Subversion working copy SYNOPSIS
svn-clean [options] [directory or file ...] DESCRIPTION
svn-clean will scan the given files and directories recursively and find unversioned files and directories (files and directories that are not present in the Subversion repository). After the scan is done, these files and directories will be deleted. Files which match patterns in the svn-clean:ignore dir property will be spared, much as the svn:ignore property works for svn status. If no file or directory is given, svn-clean defaults to the current directory ("."). svn-clean uses the SVN Perl modules if they are available. This is much faster than parsing the output of the svn command-line client. OPTIONS
-e, --exclude A regular expression for filenames to be exluded. For example, the following command will skip files ending in ".zip": svn-clean --exclude '.zip$' Multiple exclude patterns can be specified. If at least one matches, then the file is skipped. For example, the following command will skip files ending in ".jpg" or ".png": svn-clean --exclude '.jpg$' --exclude '.png$' The following command will skip the entire "build" subdirectory: svn-clean --exclude '^build(/|$)' -f, --force Files to which you do not have delete access (if running under VMS) or write access (if running under another OS) will not be deleted unless you use this option. -N, --non-recursive Do not search recursively for unversioned files and directories. Unversioned directories will still be deleted along with all their contents. -q, --quiet Do not print progress info. In particular, do not print a message each time a file is examined, giving the name of the file, and indicating whether "rmdir" or "unlink" is used to remove it, or that it's skipped. -p, --print Do not delete anything. Instead, print the name of every file and directory that would have been deleted. -?, -h, --help Prints a brief help message and exits. --man Prints the manual page and exits. AUTHOR
Simon Perreault <nomis80@nomis80.org> 2014-03-12 SVN-CLEAN(1)