Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to ftp in non-ineractive mode Post 302136576 by porter on Tuesday 18th of September 2007 02:00:54 PM
Old 09-18-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshv123
Unfortunately there is no such file in my home directory.
Are you not able to create one?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PASV mode FTP

Hello, We have a situation wherein the FTP connections from a Client over a secure connection like ANX, when using PASV mode file transfers, the server on our end is sending out an ip address as (0,0,0,0,0,0) for PASV mode. The first four numbers denote the ip address and the last two denote the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

Transfering file through FTP through Binary Mode

Hi, I'm uploading files using internet explorer. 1.Open internet explorer 6.0 2.Open site like ftp://172.45.15.1 3.Copy files The files which I'm copying are basically zip files. What is the default transfer mode, I mean ASCII/BINARY ???. The problem I'm facing, while extracting these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronald_brayan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check a file whether it is in binay mode or not while doing ftp??

Hi, One bank statement file should be loaded into some tables by using a concurrent program. But if the file is transfered in binary mode i am getting some special characters in the file which is unexpected. so, for that while moving that file data into tables i want to write a script that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sateesh.d
2 Replies

4. Solaris

FTP is in maintenance mode always

Hello All, On solaris 10 server i could see the FTP service is in maintenance mode always :mad: Could some assist? svcs -xv svc:/network/nfs/nlockmgr:default (NFS lock manager) State: maintenance since Tue 28 Jul 2009 11:47:55 AM BST Reason: Restarting too quickly. See: Sun... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullz26
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate ineractive applications

Hi Friends, I have a ksh script which is created by a user, 'ustst'. I need to su to another user, 'ghprod' and execute a script created by 'ghprod'. su - ghprod The above cmd asks for ghprod's password. I need to automate such that it takes the password form a hidden file without prompting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudvishw
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

change the mode of the file after FTP

Hi I am FTPing a file to a remote server from my local server. But after I FTP it the permissions are not in executable option, I need to change the permissions of the FTPed file how can i do that. Below is my script LOCALDIR=/batch/ediprocess LOCAL_BACKUP_DIR/batch/ediprocessBackUp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanth_chandra
4 Replies

7. AIX

ftp connect in passive mode , ftp settings

how to connect to ftp server in passive mode? ftp server.abc and how can i see ftp settings, doesn't exist some ftpd.conf there is some other file where i check the options and configurations of ftp server? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
3 Replies

8. Linux

active mode ftp connection from linux

Hi, We have one java client which connects to a windows server through ftp in active mode and gets files. When we run this client on hp-ux, it is able to transfer 100k files. But when we run the same client on Linux server it is able to transfer only 200 files at max and it is hanging there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urspradeep330
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP in batch mode

HI, Need to ftp a bunch of files in a directory in batch mode. TRying to ftp a single file first with below code. #!/bin/ksh function ftp_files { ftp -n ${D2_SRVR} <<-EOF quote user ${D2_UID} quote pass ${D2_PWD} cd ${D2_DIR}/${D2_NAME} lcd ${D1_DIR}/${D1_NAME}/dml/ put file1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvsanthosh
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP to send files using Binary mode

I am using below code to send files into ascii mode.what changes will I have to do to send files into Binary mode ? ftp -in <<FIN open $SAP_UP_SERVER user $SAP_UP_USER $SAP_UP_PASSWORD asc put $PM00_OUTPUTS_DIRECTORY/$SAP_UP_FILE_CSV /SAP_UP_FILE_CSV quit FIN (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nitin Varshneya
1 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)