Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory ACL problem due to mv command used in solaris Post 302136528 by Tlogine on Tuesday 18th of September 2007 07:40:31 AM
Old 09-18-2007
ACL problem due to mv command used in solaris

Hi All,

Is there any way to use mv command and
that should apply ACL on the moved files that is already set in distination location

This mv command is running in a solaris system. File system is NFS.

Problem I am facing : Currently mv command removes ACL from moved files
and also it does not set ACL on moved files which is already set in destination location.
So, finally no ACL is set on the files which have moved.

Thank you.

Last edited by Tlogine; 09-19-2007 at 09:12 AM.. Reason: It needs some more explanation.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vxfs ACL problem

Has anyone had any experience with VXFS and ACL's? For some reason when these two are used together ACL's don't seem to work properly (i.e. sometimes ACL's won't be applied to files in a directory so that when trying to move the directory, the new directory is created but the old directory still... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script problem due to recursive directories Help please

Hello everyone , I am looking for a better solution then the one I have created for the my Task The task is: Create an automated script that will check for Uploads in a specified Directory and move them to another specified Directory if the files are completely uploaded. Files are FTP'd to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertmcol
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem due to Fork Error

Hi, I have developed a datastage job...which has many process running in parallel..but because of Fork Error my job is not working:( Can any body help me out to solve this Fork error problem.:rolleyes: My Os is SUNOS. IS there any setting in Unix through admin where in if i set some paramter... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 ZFS ACL help

All, Does anyone know of a simple way to traverse a file system and collect all ACL's (or ACE's as they are called now)? We use to be able to use getfacl fairly easily for this task but now we are forced to use -v or -V with the 'ls' command to get the extended permissions for a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shoeless_Mike
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find/apply Solaris 10 ACL's

This may be a question for a different forum, but as I will need a script I thought I would start here. We recently migrated from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10. The file system in question here is ZFS, meaning the method for listing and applying ACL's has changed dramatically. To make a long story... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shoeless_Mike
3 Replies

6. AIX

Does ACL can only grant/deny access for specific command?

Dear AIX/UNIX experts: I have a demand to restricted a file to be copy by others, but this file must can be read by others/Applications. As I tried, the chmod command cannot fulfill this requirement. But not sure if the ACL can achieve this function or not ? Could anybody give me your... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: devyfong
8 Replies

7. IP Networking

FTP failure due to network problem

Hi, I've been searching through out this forum to find the exact message when during the on-going FTP, suddenly the network went down but i cannot find some. Could anyone provide me the exact return codes when FTP failed during FTP or prior to FTP the network went down and you still proceeded to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibora
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Can't Log into Solaris 10 u10 due to Pam and DH errors

Dears,, i hope everything is going fine with you,, Yesterday i was trying to log into My Solaris 10 u10 x86 Via SSH , But it showing me many error message and refusing to login even with with the root account and below you can find the error message: # ssh -v root@192.168.10.1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ieee99
6 Replies

9. Solaris

ACL on the Solaris

we have two Solaris 10 servers with same configuration and settings. We have hard mounted the NFS with the version 4. In one of the server the newer ACL commands are working fine (chmod and ls -v) whereas in another only posix (getfacl and setfacl alone is working) when we try ls -V in in that... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathishbabu89
13 Replies

10. Solaris

Set ACL permissions Solaris

I want to set ACL permissions using this command in solaris 10 , but I get an error message. server# mkdir dir1 server# setfacl -m user:allan:rwx dir1 setacl error: Operation not applicable Any one can help in this matter. Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbuAliiiiiiiiii
2 Replies
aclcheck(3SEC)					       File Access Control Library Functions					    aclcheck(3SEC)

NAME
aclcheck - check the validity of an ACL SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lsec [ library... ] #include <sys/acl.h> int aclcheck(aclent_t *aclbufp, int nentries, int *which); DESCRIPTION
The aclcheck() function checks the validity of an ACL pointed to by aclbufp. The nentries argument is the number of entries contained in the buffer. The which parameter returns the index of the first entry that is invalid. The function verifies that an ACL pointed to by aclbufp is valid according to the following rules: o There must be exactly one GROUP_OBJ ACL entry. o There must be exactly one USER_OBJ ACL entry. o There must be exactly one OTHER_OBJ ACL entry. o If there are any GROUP ACL entries, then the group ID in each group ACL entry must be unique. o If there are any USER ACL entries, then the user ID in each user ACL entry must be unique. o If there are any GROUP or USER ACL entries, then there must be exactly one CLASS_OBJ (ACL mask) entry. o If there are any default ACL entries, then the following apply: o There must be exactly one default GROUP_OBJ ACL entry. o There must be exactly one default OTHER_OBJ ACL entry. o There must be exactly one default USER_OBJ ACL entry. o If there are any DEF_GROUP entries, then the group ID in each DEF_GROUP ACL entry must be unique. o If there are any DEF_USER entries, then the user ID in each DEF_USER ACL entry must be unique. o If there are any DEF_GROUP or DEF_USER entries, then there must be exactly one DEF_CLASS_OBJ (default ACL mask) entry. o If any of the above rules are violated, then the function fails with errno set to EINVAL. RETURN VALUES
If the ACL is valid, alcheck() will return 0. Otherwise errno is set to EINVAL and return code is set to one of the following: GRP_ERROR There is more than one GROUP_OBJ or DEF_GROUP_OBJ ACL entry. USER_ERROR There is more than one USER_OBJ or DEF_USER_OBJ ACL entry. CLASS_ERROR There is more than one CLASS_OBJ (ACL mask) or DEF_CLASS_OBJ (default ACL mask) entry. OTHER_ERROR There is more than one OTHER_OBJ or DEF_OTHER_OBJ ACL entry. DUPLICATE_ERROR Duplicate entries of USER, GROUP, DEF_USER, or DEF_GROUP. ENTRY_ERROR The entry type is invalid. MISS_ERROR Missing an entry. The which parameter returns -1 in this case. MEM_ERROR The system cannot allocate any memory. The which parameter returns -1 in this case. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
acl(2), aclsort(3SEC), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Dec 2001 aclcheck(3SEC)