Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to burn a CD/DVD in solaris8 environment Post 302136441 by surainbow on Monday 17th of September 2007 11:19:53 PM
Old 09-18-2007
The two main programs that would help are...

mkisofs - for creating the filsystem layout

cdrecord - for writing to a disk[/QUOTE]

i have some puzzle about the burn used the command:
1. do i need erase the old date on the DVD-R/W disk first?
2. do i need format the DVD-disk again?
3. I am very sad beacuse i can not find the "mkisofs" and "cdrecord" command in my system, anywhere can download these 2 package?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to burn a bootable DVD on aix 5.3?

I have a mksysb backup image need burn to a DVD, then it can be used to restore OS in other machine. How to do this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to burn DVD on the fly?

Hi folks, One DVD Writer installed on PC To duplicate Data DVD or DVD Installer I run following steps; 1) $ dd if=/dev/dvd of=image.iso bs=2048 to create an ISO image 2) Remove the DVD disc on the tray and insert a blank DVD disc for burning. Then run; (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Sharing DVD Drive in LDoms Environment

I have T5220 server with DVD drive. I have installed few logical domains in the server and wonder how they can share the DVD drive. I have not seen any mention of that in Sun documentation. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
7 Replies

4. AIX

Using mkdvd to create bootable mksysb on dvd reports success but nothing on dvd?

Hello, Running AIX 7.1 7100-00-03-1115, trying to make a mksysb image to a dvd drive using mkdvd. My final command looks like this.. mkdvd -e -V rootvg -R -C /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_fs -I /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_images -M /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/mksysbimage -d /dev/cd0 -Y When i run this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies
BRASERO(1)						      General Commands Manual							BRASERO(1)

NAME
brasero - Simple and easy to use CD/DVD burning application for the GNOME Desktop SYNOPSIS
brasero [options] [uri] [uri] ... DESCRIPTION
Brasero is an easy-to-use application for burning CD-R/Ws and DVD-R/Ws. With Brasero you can create data, audio, or video CDs, DVDs, and SVCDs. You can copy existing disks, use image files, or create new projects. Brasero includes tools such as a media previewer, integrity checker and a cover creator. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: Help Options: -h, --help Show help options --help-all Show all help options Application Options: -p, --project=PROJECT Open the specified project -l, --playlist=PLAYLIST Open the specified playlist as an audio project --device=DEVICE PATH Set the drive to be used for burning --image-file Create an image file instead of burning -a, --audio Open an audio project adding the URIs given on the command line -d, --data Open a data project adding the URIs given on the command line -c, --copy=PATH TO DEVICE Copy a disc -j, --cover=PATH TO COVER Cover to use -o, --video Open a video project adding the URIs given on the command line -i, --image=PATH TO IMAGE URI of an image file to burn (autodetected) -e, --empty Force Brasero to display the project selection page -b, --blank=PATH TO DEVICE Open the blank disc dialog -k, --check=PATH TO DEVICE Open the check disc dialog -n, --ncb Burn the contents of the burn:// URI --immediately Start burning immediately --no-existing-session Don't connect to an already-running instance -r, --burn-and-remove-project=PATH Burn the specified project and remove it (mainly useful for integration with other applications) -x, --transient-for The XID of the parent window --display=DISPLAY X display to use Debugging Options: --brasero-media-debug Display debug messages for Brasero media library -g, --brasero-burn-debug Display debug messages for Brasero burn library BUGS
Please report any brasero bugs you find to https://bugzilla.gnome.org. AUTHOR
Brasero's manual page was written by Jeremy Bicha <jeremy@bicha.net>. GNOME
April 2011 BRASERO(1)