Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to burn a CD/DVD in solaris8 environment Post 302136439 by surainbow on Monday 17th of September 2007 11:12:57 PM
Old 09-18-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by porter
Do you mean data DVD?

What is a "self-Run iso date"?

The two main programs that would help are...

mkisofs - for creating the filsystem layout

cdrecord - for writing to a disk
"Date DVD" mean is there are some date in DVD disk.
"self-run iso date" mean is after u burn the iso date in a DVD disk, this DVD can self run when u insert to DVD-Rom

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to burn a bootable DVD on aix 5.3?

I have a mksysb backup image need burn to a DVD, then it can be used to restore OS in other machine. How to do this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to burn DVD on the fly?

Hi folks, One DVD Writer installed on PC To duplicate Data DVD or DVD Installer I run following steps; 1) $ dd if=/dev/dvd of=image.iso bs=2048 to create an ISO image 2) Remove the DVD disc on the tray and insert a blank DVD disc for burning. Then run; (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Sharing DVD Drive in LDoms Environment

I have T5220 server with DVD drive. I have installed few logical domains in the server and wonder how they can share the DVD drive. I have not seen any mention of that in Sun documentation. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
7 Replies

4. AIX

Using mkdvd to create bootable mksysb on dvd reports success but nothing on dvd?

Hello, Running AIX 7.1 7100-00-03-1115, trying to make a mksysb image to a dvd drive using mkdvd. My final command looks like this.. mkdvd -e -V rootvg -R -C /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_fs -I /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_images -M /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/mksysbimage -d /dev/cd0 -Y When i run this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies
BURN-CONFIGURE(1)						       Burn							 BURN-CONFIGURE(1)

NAME
burn-configure - create a configuration file for burn(1) SYNOPSIS
burn-configure DESCRIPTION
burn-configure is a configuration utility for burn(1). Burn ("Burn until recorded, now!") is a tool for writing optical media of various kinds. The burn(1) program looks for its configuration settings in the following files: /etc/burn.conf, ~/.burnrc. When invoked, burn-configure will ask a series of questions interactively at the console, and then write a new configuration to the file burn.conf.new in the current directory. This file can then be used for the contents of any of the burn(1) configuration files. SEE ALSO
o burn(1) AUTHOR
Ben Finney <ben+python@benfinney.id.au>, Gaetano Paolone <bigpaul@hacknight.org> COPYRIGHT
This is free software: you may copy, modify, and/or distribute this work under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later as published by the Free Software Foundation. No warranty expressed or implied. See the source for details. 2009-07-24 BURN-CONFIGURE(1)