Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to burn a CD/DVD in solaris8 environment Post 302136437 by surainbow on Monday 17th of September 2007 11:02:50 PM
Old 09-18-2007
how to burn a CD/DVD in solaris8 environment

Hi, Boss
Now i update my Ultra 10 with a DVD-R/W.
but i do not know how to burn a date DVD or a self-Run iso date.
any body can give me some advice?
like which burner or software can be used in my system?Smilie BTW,my O/S is Solaris 8

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to burn a bootable DVD on aix 5.3?

I have a mksysb backup image need burn to a DVD, then it can be used to restore OS in other machine. How to do this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to burn DVD on the fly?

Hi folks, One DVD Writer installed on PC To duplicate Data DVD or DVD Installer I run following steps; 1) $ dd if=/dev/dvd of=image.iso bs=2048 to create an ISO image 2) Remove the DVD disc on the tray and insert a blank DVD disc for burning. Then run; (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Sharing DVD Drive in LDoms Environment

I have T5220 server with DVD drive. I have installed few logical domains in the server and wonder how they can share the DVD drive. I have not seen any mention of that in Sun documentation. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
7 Replies

4. AIX

Using mkdvd to create bootable mksysb on dvd reports success but nothing on dvd?

Hello, Running AIX 7.1 7100-00-03-1115, trying to make a mksysb image to a dvd drive using mkdvd. My final command looks like this.. mkdvd -e -V rootvg -R -C /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_fs -I /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_images -M /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/mksysbimage -d /dev/cd0 -Y When i run this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies
nautilus-cd-burner(1)						   User Commands					     nautilus-cd-burner(1)

NAME
nautilus-cd-burner - Nautilus CD-writing utility SYNOPSIS
nautilus-cd-burner [--source-cue=string] [--source-device=string] [--source-iso=string] [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
nautilus-cd-burner provides a quick, convenient, drag-and-drop interface to write to CD-ROMs directly from the Nautilus file manager. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: ---source-cue=string Use CUE/TOC file as source instead of "burn:///". ---source-device=string Use CD/DVD device as source instead of "burn:///". ---source-iso=string Use ISO image as source instead of "burn:///". gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching Nautilus CD-Writing Utility example% nautilus-cd-burner EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/nautilus-cd-burner Executable for Nautilus CD-writing utility ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-cd-burner | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. nautilus(1), attributes(5), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Niall Power, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004, 2006. SunOS 5.11 7 Sep 2004 nautilus-cd-burner(1)