Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to find the top 6 users (which consume most space)? Post 302136392 by kapilraj on Monday 17th of September 2007 02:38:48 PM
Old 09-17-2007
for user in user1 user2 user3 user4 user5 user5 user6
do
total=`find / -user ${user} -exec ls -l {} \;| awk '{print x+=$5/1024}' | tail -1`
echo "${user} used ${total} KBs on system `uname -n` "
done

# That should give you everything that you wanted. I have only access to an hpux system at the moment, please check if 5th column is size on a aix system ( ls -l )

Regards,

Kaps

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Swap space used greater than allocated using top

Hi there, When I run top on my machine it says I have 497M swap space in use, and 380M swap space free, but I have only allocated 512M swap space to the machine!!!! Does anyone know how swap used is calculated in the top command? Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chorgan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check top 5 biggest disk space users

Hi all, I am needing a bash shell script to generate a list of the top 5 users using the most disk space. I am thinking that the du command would be used somehow but I am at a loss. Can anyone help? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sytemx
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

top 10 users facebook.com

is it possible from shell utility that we can track top 10 ipaddress from squid access.log who visit facebook.com. cat /var1/log/squid/access.log | grep "192.168.1.13" | grep "facebook" | wc -l 777 above will find only one (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find top 4 users currently logged on can i use grep

For the first 4 users only that are currently logged in output their effective user id. It's not important the order in which each logged in i just want to have the top 4. Same question as here...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: whyatepies
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find top 3 users currently logged on

For the first 3 users only that are currently logged in output their effective user id. thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: whyatepies
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

Showing all users in 'users' and 'top' commands

Hi All, I work in a multi user environment where my school uses Red Hat Linux server. When I issue commands such as "top" or "users", I get to see what others are doing and what kinds of applications they are running (even ps -aux will give such information). "users" will let me know who else is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to consume all available space on partition?

Hi I'm doing some resilience testing and need to write a script to consume all of the available disk space on a partition and then to free it up again. This would need to be - Safe Dynamic, in that it calculates the free space prior to consuming it. I might want to go on to consume a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbq
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Top utilization of the users through script

I am trying for a shell script like, if the ram utilization is less than 300M and the load average is more then 4.00 , should take all the top users of memory and CPU utilization through "top" and "ps " command and put under one path. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Space usage by top 5 users in a filesystem

I want to see top 5 users,who have occupied most amount of disk space in a filesystem. But not sure how to do it. I can get the usage for a particular user find . -user user -type f exec df -h {} \;|awk '{ s = s+$1 } END { print "Total used: ",s }' But how to get without specifying any user... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rka
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Top 10 Users in mount level

Hi Members, I'm new to unix. Could you help me in solving my issue. My requirement is I need to pull Top 15 users in every mount. I could able to get the mount level information but I couldn't able to pull the top users in every mount. I see in every mount I could see a lot of nested... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: UBEE
3 Replies
SYSTEM.ROOTDAEMONRC(1)					      General Commands Manual					    SYSTEM.ROOTDAEMONRC(1)

NAME
system.rootdaemonrc, .rootdaemonrc - access control directives for ROOT daemons LOCATIONS
ROOTDAEMORC, $HOME/.rootdaemonrc /etc/root/system.rootdaemonrc, $ROOTSYS/etc/system.rootdaemonrc DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents the format of directives specifying access control directives for ROOT daemons. These directives are read from a text file whose full path is taken from the environment variable ROOTDAEMONRC. If such a variable in undefined, the daemon looks for a file named .rootdaemonrc in the $HOME directory of the user starting the daemon; if this file does not exists either, the file system.root- daemonrc, located under /etc/root or $ROOTSYS/etc, is used. If none of these file exists (or is readable), the daemon makes use of a default built-in directive derived from the configuration options of the installation. FORMAT
* lines starting with '#' are comment lines. * hosts can specified either with their name (e.g. pcepsft43), their FQDN (e.g. pcepsft43.cern.ch) or their IP address (e.g. 137.138.99.73). * host names can be followed by :rootd, :proofd or :sockd to define directives applying only to the given service; 'sockd' applies to servers run from interactive sessions (TServerSocket class) * directives applying to all host can be specified either by 'default' or '*' * the '*' character can be used in any field of the name to indicate a set of machines or domains, e.g. pcepsft*.cern.ch applies to all 'pcepsft' machines in the domain 'cern.ch'. (to indicate all 'lxplus' machines you should use 'lxplus*.cern.ch' because inter- nally the generic lxplus machine has a real name of the form lxplusnnn.cern.ch; you can also use 'lxplus' if you don't care about domain name checking). * a whole domain can be indicated by its name, e.g. 'cern.ch', 'cnaf.infn.it' or '.ch' * truncated IP address can also be used to indicate a set of machines; they are interpreted as the very first or very last part of the address; for example, to select 137.138.99.73, any of these is valid: '137.138.99', '137.138', '137`, '99.73'; or with wild cards: '137.13*' or '*.99.73`; however, '138.99' is invalid because ambiguous. * the information following the name or IP address indicates, in order of preference, the short names or the internal codes of authen- tication methods accepted for requests coming from the specified host(s); the ones implemented so far are: Method nickname code UsrPwd usrpwd 0 SRP srp 1 Kerberos krb5 2 Globus globus 3 SSH ssh 4 UidGid uidgid 5 (insecure) (The insecure method is intended to speed up access within a cluster protected by other means from outside attacks; should not be used for inter-cluster or inter-domain authentication). Methods non specified explicitly are not accepted. For the insecure method it is possible to give access only to a specific list of users by specifying the usernames after the method separated by colons (:) example: uidgid:user1:user2:user3 will allow uidgid access only to users user1, user2 and user3. This is useful to give easy access to data servers. It is also possi- ble to deny access to a user by using a '-' in front of the name: uidgid:-user4 * Lines ending with '' are followed by additional information for the host on the next line; the name of the host should not be repeated. EXAMPLES
Valid examples: default none All requests are denied unless specified by dedicated directives. default 0 ssh Authentication mechanisms allowed by default are 'usrpwd' (code 0) and 'ssh' 137.138. 0 4 Authentication mechanisms allowed from host in the domain 137.138. (cern.ch) are 'usrpwd' (code 0) and 'ssh' pceple19.cern.ch 4 1 3 2 5 0 All mechanisms are accepted for requests coming from host pceple19.cern.ch . lxplus*.cern.ch 4 1 globus 0:qwerty:uytre Requests from the lxplus cluster can authenticate using 'ssh', 'srp' and 'globus'; users 'qwerty' and 'uytre' can also use 'usrpwd' . pcep*.cern.ch:rootd 0:-qwerty 4 Requests from the pcep*.cern.ch nodes can authenticate using 'usrpwd' and 'ssh' when accessing the 'rootd' daemon ; user 'qwerty' can only use 'ssh'. SEE ALSO
rootd(1), proofd(1) For more information on the ROOT system, please refer to http://root.cern.ch/ . ORIGINAL AUTHORS
The ROOT team (see web page above): Rene Brun and Fons Rademakers COPYRIGHT
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as pub- lished by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software Foun- dation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA AUTHOR
This manual page was written by G. Ganis <g.ganis@cern.ch> . ROOT
Version 4 SYSTEM.ROOTDAEMONRC(1)