Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help with scp
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users help with scp Post 302136369 by bkan77 on Monday 17th of September 2007 10:14:58 AM
Old 09-17-2007
help with scp

hi all
in my script i was using the "scp" command to copy 2 files from a certain directory on server A to the same directory on another server B, but for some reason its only copying the first file in the directory. This is the frst time that i used the scp command,any ideas appreciated.

thnks

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Scp

I am trying to transfer a 10g files using scp, but I am getting timeout errors is there anywhere that I can modify a config file or something to increase the time. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbizzell
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is scp-ed over?

Hi all, i have a directory in server A. the directory path is /home/kevin. I need to scp the directory to another server B. i would like to ask, when i do a scp of the /home/kevin , i can expect all the files from A to go B. However, how about the hidden files? for example the ssh keys in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is this possible with SCP?

I normally download a directory recursively using: scp -r <name>@host:<path> . This has worked fine. As everyone knows this will download all of the directory named in <path> and all of the sub directories. I would like to know if it is possible to not download a particular file if it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpabrego
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

scp with su

Hi Friends, I am trying to copy some files over the network in between my linux servers. I am using scp command for this. by default direct ssh root login is disabled on all of my linux servers. Normaly we used to login as a normal user and the su to th root user. unfortunately root user is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arumon
1 Replies

5. AIX

scp

1. how to move files in a directory using scp ? 2. how to move the entire directory ? 3. Will the file and the directory permissions affect scp usage? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCP

Hi All, Please help on the below command scp -r 'directory name'inrvgo@IP:/export/home/muthu/prod_12-09-2010 I am trying to copy a directory from one server to another server using the above command but its displaing the error (missing destination file) but the diectory was there in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Need help with scp

Hi, I am trying to do scp from server A to server B. But while doing the scp i am getting the following message. +-----------------------------------------------------------------+ | This system is for the use of authorized users only. | | Individuals using this computer system... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidh_arth85
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use scp?

How to copy multiple directories using single command on solaris 10 from server A to server B. I tried scp but its working only one directory at atime How to acheive this with simple and short solution????? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzme
6 Replies
NCOPY(1)							       ncopy								  NCOPY(1)

NAME
ncopy - NetWare file copy SYNOPSIS
ncopy -V ncopy [ -vmMnpptu ] [ -s amount ] file destinationfile|directory ncopy [ -vmMnpptu ] [ -s amount ] file1 [ file2 ... ] directory ncopy -r [ -vmMnpptu ] [ -s amount ] srcdir dstdir DESCRIPTION
With ncopy you can copy files to different locations on a single NetWare file server without generating excess network traffic. The pro- gram uses a NetWare function to do the copy rather than transferring the file across the network for both the read and write. If the last argument is a directory, ncopy will copy the source file(s) into the directory. If only two files are given and the last argu- ment is not a directory, it will copy the source file to the destination file. If the source and destination files are not on the same NetWare server (or are not on NetWare servers at all), ncopy will do a normal file copy. OPTIONS
-V Show version number and exit -v Verbose copy. Will show current file and percentage completion. -m Copy MAC resource fork. Copies MAC resource fork together with data fork. -M Copy MAC resource fork to/from non-MAC filesystem. It expects/creates resource forks in subdirectory .rsrc of each directory copied. If you want to copy files from MAC volume to .rsrc scheme, you must specify both options, -mM. It is not possible to create .rsrc direc- tory on MAC-aware volume in one step, you must first copy data to non-MAC media using ncopy -mM and then copy them back using ncopy -M. If you want to copy files from .rsrc scheme on MAC volume to real MAC multiple-forks file, you must first copy data to non-MAC filesys- tem using ncopy -M and then copy them back using ncopy -mM. -n Nice NetWare copy. Will sleep for a second between copying blocks on the NetWare server. Gives other people a chance to do some work on the NetWare server when you are copying large files. This has no effect if you are not copying on a NetWare server. -s amount Nice time slice factor. Used in conjunction with the -n option, this specifies the number of 100K blocks to copy before sleeping. Default is 10. (1 Megabyte) -p Preserve file attributes and date/time during copy. -pp Preserve file attributes, date/time and owner during copy. Name of owner is preserved, not owner ID. -t Preserve trustees during copy. Trustee name is preserved, not ID. -r Perform recursive copy. -u Perform copy only if mtime or size differs. BUGS
ncopy does not preserve long (MAC, NFS, FTAM, OS2) names during copy. SEE ALSO
ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8) CREDITS
ncopy was written by Brian G. Reid (breid@tim.com) and Tom C. Henderson (thenderson@tim.com). Many thanks to Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) for the ncpfs and ncplib which made ncopy possible. Some further work was done by Petr Vandrovec (van- drove@vc.cvut.cz). ncopy 17/03/1996 NCOPY(1)