Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [question] trouble with an 'exercise' Post 302136354 by EnioMarques on Monday 17th of September 2007 08:34:45 AM
Old 09-17-2007
ya i know, but i need to complement that A) exercise.

when i use vgersh99's code i get like :
[SubMethod1] appeared 100 times
[SubMethod3] appeared 123 times
[SubMethod2] appeared 15 times

for B) i need like..

[SubMethod1] appeared 100 times with 3 errors and 97 successful
[SubMethod2] appeared 123 times with 3 errors and 120 successful
[SubMethod3] appeared 15 times with 5 errors and 10 successful

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

The trouble with...

Welcome to "The trouble with...." with your host, ZazzyBob. Todays offering - "The trouble with letting other people host your website" I use a certain web hosting service, who shall of course remain nameless here. They are running PHP 4.3.10 I decide to write a script to test their PHP... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zazzybob
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The trouble about SU ...

Hi all, having read lots of posts about SU I don't quiet understand this : I'm doing regular backups of my database (u betta do) and therefore use su - username -c "sqlscript special data_base" in a unixscript which is even using cron. (yep!) Now I need some other script, still with this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nulnul7
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[question] hard exercise, help needed

Hello guys. Well, on this exercise i need the average "chargeAmount" per hour (for each hour). with this code : cat getusagesummarywrongmatch | grep -iv MOU2GRTObject | cut -d'|' -f4,14 | grep -i chargeamount | cut -d' ' -f2 http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/5889/65969235do0.jpg i got... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EnioMarques
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with part of an exercise

Hi, 'm trying to do an exercicise, and one part is: ls -l $1 | awk ' BEGIN { max = $5; } { if ($5 > max){ max = $5; } } END { print "Tamanio mayor fichero = " max; }' # Imprimimos ahora el menor tamaņo de fichero ls -l $1 | awk '... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phass
4 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with this exercise

you are to write a program which will read in a tax rate (as a percentage) and the prices of 5 items. the program is to calculate the total price, before tax, of the items and then the tax payable on those items, and then the total amount due. the tax payable is computed by appliying the tax rate... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bunkercrazy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

A very tough exercise

hello everyone!:) I have an exercise which I think is difficult for beginner like me. Here is the exercise Create a shell script, which takes a directory as command line argument. Script displays ten first lines from every text file in that directory. After displaying the lines from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: googlevn
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Exercise

Hi, I am learning unix. I want to practice few small excercises. Please suggest me some goor URL to practice. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stew
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Grades exercise

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a shell script program that will input a name and a mark between 0 and 100. The program then displays the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: UniverseCloud
9 Replies
UTIMES(2)						      BSD System Calls Manual							 UTIMES(2)

NAME
utimes, lutimes, futimes, futimesat -- set file access and modification times LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/time.h> int utimes(const char *path, const struct timeval *times); int lutimes(const char *path, const struct timeval *times); int futimes(int fd, const struct timeval *times); int futimesat(int fd, const char *path, const struct timeval times[2]); DESCRIPTION
The access and modification times of the file named by path or referenced by fd are changed as specified by the argument times. If times is NULL, the access and modification times are set to the current time. The caller must be the owner of the file, have permission to write the file, or be the super-user. If times is non-NULL, it is assumed to point to an array of two timeval structures. The access time is set to the value of the first ele- ment, and the modification time is set to the value of the second element. For file systems that support file birth (creation) times (such as UFS2), the birth time will be set to the value of the second element if the second element is older than the currently set birth time. To set both a birth time and a modification time, two calls are required; the first to set the birth time and the second to set the (presumably newer) modification time. Ideally a new system call will be added that allows the setting of all three times at once. The caller must be the owner of the file or be the super-user. In either case, the inode-change-time of the file is set to the current time. The lutimes() system call is like utimes() except in the case where the named file is a symbolic link, in which case lutimes() changes the access and modification times of the link, while utimes() changes the times of the file the link references. The futimesat() system call is equivalent to utimes() except in the case where path specifies a relative path. In this case the access and modification time is set to that of a file relative to the directory associated with the file descriptor fd instead of the current working directory. If futimesat() is passed the special value AT_FDCWD in the fd parameter, the current working directory is used and the behavior is identical to a call to utimes(). RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the value 0 is returned; otherwise the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
All of the system call will fail if: [EACCES] Search permission is denied for a component of the path prefix. [EACCES] The times argument is NULL and the effective user ID of the process does not match the owner of the file, and is not the super-user, and write access is denied. [EFAULT] The path or times argument points outside the process's allocated address space. [EFAULT] The times argument points outside the process's allocated address space. [EINVAL] The tv_usec component of at least one of the values specified by the times argument has a value less than 0 or greater than 999999. [EIO] An I/O error occurred while reading or writing the affected inode. [ELOOP] Too many symbolic links were encountered in translating the pathname. [ENAMETOOLONG] A component of a pathname exceeded NAME_MAX characters, or an entire path name exceeded PATH_MAX characters. [ENOENT] The named file does not exist. [ENOTDIR] A component of the path prefix is not a directory. [EPERM] The times argument is not NULL and the calling process's effective user ID does not match the owner of the file and is not the super-user. [EPERM] The named file has its immutable or append-only flags set. See the chflags(2) manual page for more information. [EROFS] The file system containing the file is mounted read-only. The futimes() system call will fail if: [EBADF] The fd argument does not refer to a valid descriptor. In addition to the errors returned by the utimes(), the futimesat() may fail if: [EBADF] The path argument does not specify an absolute path and the fd argument is neither AT_FDCWD nor a valid file descriptor open for searching. [ENOTDIR] The path argument is not an absolute path and fd is neither AT_FDCWD nor a file descriptor associated with a directory. SEE ALSO
chflags(2), stat(2), utime(3) STANDARDS
The utimes() function is expected to conform to X/Open Portability Guide Issue 4, Version 2 (``XPG4.2''). The futimesat() system call fol- lows The Open Group Extended API Set 2 specification. HISTORY
The utimes() system call appeared in 4.2BSD. The futimes() and lutimes() system calls first appeared in FreeBSD 3.0. The futimesat() system call appeared in FreeBSD 8.0. BSD
July 3, 2014 BSD